Breath of Hate
|Breath of Hate|
|Directed by||Sean Cain|
|Produced by||Sean Cain, Wes Laurie|
|Written by||Wes Laurie|
|Music by||Mario Salvucci|
Breath of Hate is an unreleased 2011 horror film which stars Jason Mewes, Ezra Buzzington and Monique Parent. It is the second collaboration between Velvet Hammer Films and ArsonCuff Entertainment who previously teamed up on Silent Night, Zombie Night.
Love (Lauren Walsh) is a prostitute looking to get out of the business, but unfortunately her last gig is for three psychotic cultists who've just escaped from a mental hospital and are trawling for victims.
- Ezra Buzzington as Hate
- Jason Mewes as Ned
- Lauren Walsh as Love
- Jack Forcinito as Sonny
- Monique Parent as Selma
- Timothy Muskatell as Poot
- Ricardo Gray as Cleb
- Felissa Rose as Realtor
- Alexis Zibolis as Jenna
- Jeanine Daniels as Hailey
- Trista Robinson as Tabbi
- Ted Prior as Danton
- Aramis Sartorio as Mike
- Joanna Angel as Candy
- Regan Reece as Lead Dancer
Production began in August 2010 for fourteen days in the Los Angeles area. The Malibu mansion that Hate and his cohorts take over has been used in many other productions, mostly notably David DeCoteau's 1313 films and sex comedies from The Asylum.
The film had a sneak preview at the Gorezone magazine Weekend of Horrors on October 2, 2010 in London where it played to a packed house. It had its official world premiere as part of 2011's Another Hole in the Head film festival in San Francisco and as part of the Fangoria film festival in Indiana.
In January 2011, Sean Cain, the film's director, stated his goal was to secure a limited theatrical run for the film. After nearly two years of talks with distributors, he started a Kickstarter campaign to obtain funds for a January 2013 four wall theatrical debut and DVD/Blu-ray release. The $15,000 fundraiser raised $5,033 after one month, and the project subsequently failed to get funded. Soon after, the film was picked up for a Los Angeles premiere in March by the CineMayhem film festival in conjunction with Dread Central as part of their 2013 Indie Horror month where it will play alongside another Jason Mewes film, K-11 and the world premiere of The ABCs of Death.
-  Dread Central: Exclusive: Jason Mewes Takes a Breath of Hate.
-  Shock Till You Drop: EXCL: Three New Images from Breath Of Hate
-  Dread Central: 2010 GoreZone International Film Festival Bringing the Blood to London!
-  SFGate: Another Hole in the Head Film Festival
-  Fangoria: FANGORIA’s Days of the Dead film schedule
- xclusive One-Sheet Debut: Sean Cain's Breath of Hate
- Breath of Hate - Theatrical & DVD/Blu-Ray campaign by Sean Cain
-  Dread Central's Indie Horror Month Kicks Off with the CineMayhem Film Festival