Brebeuf Jesuit Preparatory School
|Brebeuf Jesuit Preparatory School|
"Men and Women for Others"
|2801 West 86th Street
Indianapolis, Indiana, Marion County, 46268-1925
|Religious affiliation(s)||Roman Catholicism
Jesuit Midwest Province
|Patron saint(s)||St. Jean de Brébeuf|
|President||Fr. Jack Dennis, S.J.|
Vice President for Jesuit Mission
|Student to teacher ratio||12 to 1|
|Campus size||65 acres|
|Color(s)||Maroon and Gold|
|Team name||The Braves|
|Accreditation||North Central Association of Colleges and Schools |
|Publication||Manitou (Literary Magazine)
Bylines (School Magazine)
|Dean of Students||Brenda Adams|
|Admissions Director||Liz Otteson|
|Athletic Director||Ted Hampton|
Brebeuf Jesuit Preparatory School (BJPS) is a private college preparatory school founded by the Jesuits and located on the northwest side of Indianapolis. It is a part of the Midwest Province of the Society of Jesus and geographically located within the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Indianapolis.
Each year 200 students are enrolled, just under 800 in the four years, drawn from over 50 private and public schools in the greater Indianapolis area. To be eligible for application to Brebeuf, students must place above the 60th percentile on the HSPT (High School Placement Test).
The school maintains a 100% graduation rate. This graduation rate is explained, in part, by the school's policy of Academic Contract, which can force students to leave Brebeuf Jesuit if they receive a GPA lower than 2.0 for three semesters. In addition, if a student is receiving an F in any class, he or she is required to take study hall to improve the grade.
The school has 29 athletic teams, ranging from cross country to the newest addition, men's volleyball. In 2009 Brebeuf Jesuit completed construction of the $7 million Mark G. Kite Wellness Center. The 42,000-square-foot (3,900 m2) facility houses 2 weight rooms, 3 locker rooms, team meeting rooms, training room, gym, and athletic offices.
- 2000 Men's Basketball State Champs (3A).
- 2004, 2007 Women's Basketball State Champs (3A).
- 2010 and 2011 Men's Golf State Champs.
- 2006 Women's Golf State Champs.
- 1991, 2001, 2006 and 2013 Hockey State Champs.
- 1979, 1980, 1981, 1983, 1984 Women's Tennis Team State Champs.
- 2003, 2005, 2009, and 2013 Women's Volleyball State Champs.
- 2010 and 2012 Dance Team State Champ in Hip Hop; 2010 and 2015 Dance Team State Champ in Jazz 
- 2015 Girl's Soccer State Champions (2A)
- Alan Henderson, 1991 - National Basketball Association player and Indiana University basketball player
- Morgan Burke - Purdue University Athletic Director
- Fred Glass - Indiana University Athletic Director and former partner at Baker and Daniels.
- Christopher L. Hodapp, 1977 - Author of Freemasons For Dummies and Solomon's Builders
- Jim Hogshire, 1976 - Author of Opium For The Masses and You Are Going To Prison
- James Marten, 2002 - offensive lineman who played college football at Boston College from 2003-2006. He was drafted by the Dallas Cowboys in the third round of the 2007 NFL Draft as the 67th pick overall.
- Ta'Shia Phillips- WNBA Player NCAA All-American at Xavier
- Kevin Sumlin, 1982 - Texas A&M football head coach
- John Daniel Tinder, 1968 - Federal Judge, United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, 2007 to present.
- Shawn Yancy - News Anchor, WTTG-TV Fox 5 News, Washington, D.C.
- NCA-CASI. "NCA-Council on Accreditation and School Improvement". Archived from the original on April 29, 2009. Retrieved 2009-06-23.
- Brebeuf Jesuit Quick Facts 2010-2011 Archived July 18, 2011 at the Wayback Machine
- Benchmarks for Brebeuf Jesuit Preparatory School, C360
-  Brebeuf Jesuit 2011-2012 Handbook
- "Capital Projects - Brebeuf Jesuit Preparatory School". Brebeuf Jesuit Preparatory School. p. 1. Retrieved January 23, 2011.
- "Athletics - Brebeuf Jesuit Preparatory School". Brebeuf Jesuit Preparatory School. p. 1. Retrieved January 23, 2011.
- "IHSAA Boys Basketball State Champions through 2006-07". Indiana State High School Athletic Association. p. 1. Retrieved October 15, 2007.
- "IHSAA State Championships by School". Indiana State High School Athletic Association. p. 1. Retrieved November 10, 2012.
- "IHSAA Boys Golf Team State Champions". Indiana State High School Athletic Association. p. 1. Retrieved January 23, 2011.
- "IHSAA Girls Golf Team State Champions". Indiana State High School Athletic Association. p. 1. Retrieved January 23, 2011.
- "IHSAA Girls Tennis Team State Champions through 2011-2012". Indiana State High School Athletic Association. p. 1. Retrieved November 10, 2012.
- "IHSAA Volleyball State Champions". Indiana State High School Athletic Association. p. 1. Retrieved November 5, 2010.
- Hampton, Ted. "Braves Compete in the 2012 IHSDTA State Championship". Retrieved March 15, 2012.
- Purdue school bio
- "Texas A&M 2012 Football" (PDF). Retrieved November 15, 2012.