||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (November 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
6 September 1977 |
|Other names||The Gentle Giant|
|Height||1.94 m (6 ft 4 in)|
|Weight||116 kg (256 lb; 18.3 st)|
|Fighting out of||Valkenswaard, Netherlands|
|Years active||2001–2007, 2013–present|
Career and biography
Brecht Wallis started training in judo at the age of 12 and a few years later moved on to Muay Thai. In 2001 he moved to the Netherlands to pursue his professional career at the Siam Gym under trainer Miki Benazzouz.
On 14 February 2004 Brecht won his first K-1 tournament in Stockholm, Sweden qualifying for K-1 World GP 2004 in Las Veagas II. In the quarter finals he was matched up against heavy favorite, American Carter Williams, Wallis won the fight by spectactular high kick in round 3. His next opponent in the semis was again Jorgen Kruth. After an evenly fought match Brecht Wallis was announced the winner by unanimous decision and moved on to the tournament finals against American Mighty Mo where he suffered his first loss by a devastating KO in a second round.
After few years out of the K-1 fighting circuit Brecht Wallis made his comeback on 4 May 2007 at the K-1 Fighting Network GP 2007 in Romania, winning the tournament over Doug Viney, Errol Zimmerman and Paula Mataele and he qualified for K-1 World GP 2007 in Amsterdam. 
- 2007 K-1 Fighting Network Romania Champion
- 2004 K-1 World Grand Prix in Las Vegas II Runner-up
- 2004 K-1 Scandinavia World Qualification Champion
30 wins (13 KOs), 9 losses, 2 draws
Legend: Win Loss Draw/No contest Notes
- "K-1 Vegas 2004 Report". MMA Ring report. Archived from the original on 27 April 2006. Retrieved 19 May 2007.
- "Story Plus Pictures K-1 Romania 4 May 2007". www.Ironlife.com. Retrieved 19 May 2007.
- Next K-1 Qualifier in Vilnius on April 27th
- Details on This Weekend's K-1 WGP in Vilnius Show
- Turyński, Makouski i Beszterda przegrywają w Wilnie
- K-1 WGP Action Rocks Vilnius With Six Qualifiers Archived 7 June 2013 at the Wayback Machine.