Brecknock Township, Berks County, Pennsylvania
Alleghany Mennonite Meetinghouse, built 1855
|Elevation||791 ft (241.1 m)|
|Area||17.8 sq mi (46.1 km2)|
|- land||17.8 sq mi (46 km2)|
|- water||0.0 sq mi (0 km2), 0%|
|Density||250.0/sq mi (96.5/km2)|
|- summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|Area code||610, 717|
According to the United States Census Bureau, the township has a total area of 17.8 square miles (46 km2), all of it land.
- Spring Township, Berks County (northwest)
- Cumru Township, Berks County (north)
- Robeson Township, Berks County (east)
- Caernarvon Township, Berks County (southeast)
- Brecknock Township, Lancaster County (southwest)
As of the census of 2000, there were 4,459 people, 1,558 households, and 1,282 families residing in the township. The population density was 250.0 people per square mile (96.5/km²). There were 1,611 housing units at an average density of 90.3/sq mi (34.9/km²). The racial makeup of the township was 97.85% White, 0.61% African American, 0.13% Native American, 0.22% Asian, 0.25% from other races, and 0.94% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.92% of the population.
There were 1,558 households, out of which 40.2% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 74.8% were married couples living together, 4.5% had a female householder with no husband present, and 17.7% were non-families. 13.2% of all households were made up of individuals, and 4.9% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.86 and the average family size was 3.17.
In the township the population was spread out, with 27.4% under the age of 18, 6.1% from 18 to 24, 30.5% from 25 to 44, 26.8% from 45 to 64, and 9.2% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 39 years. For every 100 females there were 103.3 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 100.4 males.
|Source: US Census Bureau|
The median income for a household in the township was $65,903, and the median income for a family was $79,143. Males had a median income of $46,495 versus $27,307 for females. The per capita income for the township was $42,712. About 2.0% of families and 2.7% of the population were below the poverty line, including 2.5% of those under age 18 and 7.6% of those age 65 or ver.
- "Local school children to hear history of Berks and deeds of noted citizens". Reading Eagle. Mar 6, 1927. p. 5. Retrieved 2 December 2015.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Brecknock Township, Berks County, Pennsylvania.|