Brecksville-Northfield High Level Bridge
|Brecksville-Northfield High Level Bridge|
Bridge in 1975
|Crosses||Ohio and Erie Canal|
|Owner||Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT)|
|Design||Deck arch (open spandrel)|
|Total length||345 meters (1,132 ft)|
|Height||44.3 meters (145 ft)|
|No. of spans||5|
|Designer||Alfred M. Felgate|
|Fabrication by||Highway Construction Co.|
|Opened||1931 (renovated 1989)|
|Replaces||Station Road Bridge|
The Brecksville-Northfield High Level Bridge is a bridge in Greater Cleveland, Ohio, U.S., connecting Brecksville in Cuyahoga County with Sagamore Hills Township in Summit County. It is located in the Cuyahoga Valley National Park.
In 2012, five men were arrested and accused of planning to blow up the bridge. The five were accused of planting what they thought were explosives and attempting to detonate it with a cell phone. Following guilty pleas and one conviction, the men were sentenced between November 2012 and October 2013.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Brecksville-Northfield High Level Bridge
- Watson, Sara Ruth; John R. Wolfs (1981). "Chapter 5: Ornamental and Park Bridges". Bridges of Metropolitan Cleveland. p. 77.
- Donaldson, Stan (2012-05-01). "Loss of Ohio 82 span would create traffic headaches for consumers, commuters and businesses". The Plain Dealer. Cleveland Live. Retrieved 2012-07-07.
- Reference number 86000078, Ohio Historic Preservation Office/National Register of Historic Places (since delisted).
- "Bridge bomb plot: What was the plan? How was it foiled?". The Plain Dealer. 2012-05-02. Retrieved 2012-07-07.
- "Sentencing postponed for man accused in bridge bombing attempt". The Plain Dealer. November 21, 2012. Retrieved November 21, 2012.
- McCarty, James F. (2013-10-07). "Last of five conspirators in Ohio 82 bridge-bombing plot sentenced to 10 years in federal prison". The Plain Dealer. Retrieved 2013-10-08.
- "Brecksville-Northfield High Level Bridge, Spanning Cuyahoga River Between Brecksville & Northfield, Brecksville, Cuyahoga County, OH". Historic American Engineering Record.
- Brecksville-Northfield High Level Bridge at bridgehunter.com
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Brecksville-Northfield High Level Bridge.|