|• Mayor||Steve Vandeberghe|
|• Governing party/ies||SP.A|
|• Total||13.08 km2 (5.05 sq mi)|
|Population (1 January 2013)|
|• Density||1,300/km2 (3,300/sq mi)|
Bredene is a municipality located in the Belgian province of West Flanders. The municipality only comprises the town of Bredene proper. On 1 January 2006, Bredene had a total population of 15,118. The total area is 13.08 km² which gives a population density of 1156 inhabitants per km².
Bredene is situated at the Belgian coast and makes its income mostly out of tourism. In the period of July and August, the population doubles due to many events that attract people from everywhere. Belgium's only nude beach is at near tram stop "Bredene Renbaan (Hippodroom)".
Notes and references
- Population per municipality on 1 January 2013 (XLS; 607.5 KB)
- "Nudists win more beach at Bredene". Expatica Communications. 18 August 2005. Retrieved 2014-11-02.
- "Bredene nudist beach: what do local politicians think?". Flanders News. 22 September 2012. Retrieved 2014-11-02.
- Elliott 2010, p. 70.
- Elliott, Mark (2010). CultureShock! Belgium: A Survival Guide to Customs and Etiquette. Marshall Cavendish. ISBN 978-981-4484-25-1.
- Media related to Bredene at Wikimedia Commons
- Official website - Information available in Dutch and limited information available in French, English and German
|This West Flanders location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|