|Beauty pageant titleholder|
March 25, 1989
Florence, South Carolina
|Education||Francis Marion University|
|Height||5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)|
|Weight||122 lb (55 kg)|
|Title(s)||Miss South Carolina 2011
Miss Capital City 2011
|Miss America 2012 (Top 13)|
From 1st to 7th grade, Boyce attended The Kings Academy in Florence, South Carolina. She later transferred to public school. She won the title of Miss South Carolina on July 2, 2011, when she received her crown from outgoing titleholder Desiree Puglia. Boyce's platform is "Eating Healthy and Fighting Obesity." At age 17, Boyce weighed 234 lbs. Her doctor diagnosed her excessive weight as the source of her knee problems, and warned that she would have more health problems in the future unless she lost weight. Through healthy eating and exercise, Boyce lost 112 lbs. over a period of three years, and began competing in beauty pageants. After winning the title of Miss South Carolina, Boyce became the focus of extensive media attention, and was featured on The Today Show, Good Morning America, The View, and Inside Edition.
- "Bree Boyce crowned Miss South Carolina". The State. July 3, 2011. Retrieved 2011-07-15.
- "Miss South Carolina's 110-Pound Weight Loss". ABC News. July 7, 2011. Retrieved 2011-07-15.
- "She lost 114 lbs. — and won beauty queen crown". TODAY. July 12, 2011. Retrieved 2011-07-15.
- "Miss S.C. shares message on national news shows". The State. July 13, 2011. Retrieved 2011-07-15.
- Official website
- Bree Boyce on Facebook
- Bree Boyce at the Internet Movie Database
- Bree Boyce on Twitter
|Awards and achievements|
|Miss South Carolina
|This biography article about a United States contestant in a beauty pageant is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|