Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf
|Grade I race|
|Race type||Thoroughbred - Flat racing|
|Distance||1 mile (8.0 furlongs)|
The Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf is a one-mile turf stakes race for thoroughbred fillies two years old. As its name implies, it is part of the Breeders' Cup World Championships, the de facto year-end championship for North American thoroughbred racing.
The race was run for the first time in 2008 during the first day of Breeders' Cup racing at that year's host track, Santa Anita Park. Because of technical requirements, it was not eligible for classification as a graded stakes race in its first two runnings. The American Graded Stakes Committee made it a Grade II race in 2010. Effective with the 2012 edition, it became a Grade I race.
Beginning in 2007, the Breeders' Cup developed the Breeders' Cup Challenge, a series of races in each division that allotted automatic qualifying bids to winners of defined races. Each of the thirteen divisions has between two and twelve of these "Win and You're In" qualifying races.
In the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf division, runners are limited to 14 and there are up to five automatic berths. Note though that one horse may win multiple challenge races, while other challenge winners will not be entered in the Breeders' Cup for a variety of reasons such as injury or travel considerations.
The 2018 "Win and You're In" races are:
- Moyglare Stud Stakes, a Group 1 race run in September at Curragh Racecourse in County Kildare, Ireland
- Natalma Stakes, a Grade 1 race run in September at Woodbine Racetrack in Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Rockfel Stakes, a Group 2 race run in September at Newmarket Racecourse in Suffolk, England
- Prix Marcel Boussac, a Group 1 race run in October at Longchamp Racecourse in Paris, France
- Jessamine Stakes, a Grade 2 race run in October at Keeneland Racecourse in Kentucky
Most wins by a jockey:
Most wins by a trainer:
- 5 - Chad Brown (2008, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Most wins by an owner:
- 2 - e Five Racing Thoroughbreds (2016, 2017)
|2018||Newspaperofrecord||Irad Ortiz Jr.||Chad Brown||Klaravich Stables, Inc.||1:39.00||$1,000,000||I|
|2017||Rushing Fall||Javier Castellano||Chad Brown||e Five Racing Thoroughbreds||1:36.09||$1,000,000||I|
|2016||New Money Honey||Javier Castellano||Chad Brown||E Five Racing Thoroughbreds||1:34.01||$1,000,000||I|
|2015||Catch A Glimpse||Florent Geroux||Mark Casse||Gary Barber, Michael Ambler & Windways Farm||1:39.08||$1,000,000||I|
|2014||Lady Eli||Irad Ortiz Jr.||Chad Brown||Sheep Pond Partners||1:33.41||$1,000,000||I|
|2013||Chriselliam (IRE)||Richard Hughes||Charles Hills||W Carson, E Asprey & C Wright||1:33.72||$1,000,000||I|
|2012||Flotilla (FRA)||Christophe Lemaire||Mikel Delzangles||Sheikh Mohammed Al Thani||1:34.64||$1,000,000||I|
|2011||Stephanie's Kitten||John Velazquez||Wayne Catalano||Ken & Sarah Ramsey||1:38.90||$1,000,000||II|
|2010||More Than Real||Garrett K. Gomez||Todd Pletcher||Bobby Flay||1:36.61||$1,000,000||II|
|2009||Tapitsfly||Robby Albarado||Dale Romans||Frank L. Jones, Jr.||1:34.25||$1,000,000|
|2008||Maram||Jose Lezcano||Chad Brown||Karen N. Woods & Saud bin Khaled||1:35.15||$1,000,000|
- Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf "top three finishers" and starters
- Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships
- American Thoroughbred Racing top Attended Events
- Monthly Index to Online Story's | Blood-Horse.com
- Graded Stakes Committee releases 2008 changes - Thoroughbred Times
- LaMarra, Tom (2008-12-03). "Arkansas Derby Among Three New Grade I Stakes". BloodHorse.com. Retrieved 2009-12-28.
- Hegarty, Matt (December 2, 2011). "Two BC races, Cotillion among four new Grade 1 stakes for 2012". Daily Racing Form. Retrieved February 6, 2012.
- "18 Breeders' Cup Challenge Series Features 82 Races in 12 Countries Awarding Automatic Berths, Travel and Paid Entry Fees Into World Championships". www.breederscup.com. Retrieved 20 April 2018.