From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- "Then there is also in that place the abode called Breidablik, and there is not in heaven a fairer dwelling."
Later in the work, when Snorri describes Baldr, he gives a longer description, citing Grímnismál, though he does not name the poem:
- "He dwells in the place called Breidablik, which is in heaven; in that place may nothing unclean be, even as is said here:
Breiðablik is not otherwise mentioned in the Eddic sources.
In popular culture
- Breidablik is a sacred gun in Fire Emblem Heroes that the Summoner use to summon Heroes coming from different Fire Emblem games.
- The name can be Anglicized as Breidablik, Breithablik or Breidhablik.
- Gylfaginning XVII, Brodeur's translation.
- Gylfaginning XXII, Brodeur's translation. The strophe is Grímnismál 12.