Bremond Independent School District
|Bremond Independent School District|
|601 W. Collins St.|
|Type||Independent school district|
|Grades||Pre-K through 12|
|Superintendent||Daryl Stuard, Sr.|
|Students and staff|
|Teachers||45.87 (2009–10) (on full-time equivalent (FTE) basis)|
|Student-teacher ratio||9.57 (2009–10)|
|Athletic conference||UIL Class 2A Football Division II|
|TEA District Accountability Rating for 2011–12||Recognized|
As of the 2010–2011 school year, the appraised valuation of property in the district was $403,424,000. The maintenance tax rate was $0.104 and the bond tax rate was $0.025 per $100 of appraised valuation.
In 2011, the school district was rated "recognized" by the Texas Education Agency. Thirty-five percent of districts in Texas in 2011 received the same rating. No state accountability ratings will be given to districts in 2012. A school district in Texas can receive one of four possible rankings from the Texas Education Agency: Exemplary (the highest possible ranking), Recognized, Academically Acceptable, and Academically Unacceptable (the lowest possible ranking).
Historical district TEA accountability ratings
- 2011: Recognized
- 2010: Recognized
- 2009: Recognized
- 2008: Academically Acceptable
- 2007: Academically Acceptable
- 2006: Academically Acceptable
- 2005: Recognized
- 2004: Recognized
In the 2011–2012 school year, the district operated three schools.
- Bremond High School (Grades 9–12)
- Bremond Middle School (Grades 6–8)
- Bremond Elementary School (Grades PK–5)
Bremond High School participates in the boys sports of baseball, basketball, football and track. The school participates in the girls sports of basketball, softball, volleyball and track. For the 2016 through 2018 school years, Bremond High School will play football in UIL Class 2A Division II. During the 2014 football season, the Bremond football team won the 2A Division II state championship with a record of 15–0. In the 2015 Football season the Tigers beat Albany the second time in a row to finish the season undefeated 16–0 back to back state champions. In 2016 the tigers yet again finished 16-0 and won their third straight state title over Iraan finishing with a 47-0 record in the last 3 seasons. Star quarterback Roshauud Paul now plays Wide receiver for Texas A&M.
- "Texas School Directory 2012" (PDF). Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Bremond ISD". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "UIL Alignments". University Interscholastic League. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "Bremond High School". CBS Interactive. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System District Ratings for 2004 through 2011". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 2 July 2012. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System Summary of Ratings for 2004 through 2011(as of November 2, 2011) District Ratings by Rating Category (including Charter Operators)". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 7 August 2012. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "Accountability Rating System for Texas Public Schools and Districts". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 24 August 2012. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
|This article about a school district in Texas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|