This biographical article needs additional citations for verification, as its only attribution is to IMDb. (September 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Brenda Gilhooly (born 1964 in Epsom, Surrey) is an English comedian. She studied English and Drama at the University College of Swansea, University of Wales and graduated in 1987. She is best known for Gayle Tuesday, an archetypal dumb blonde and Page 3 girl. She enjoyed brief success with this character appearing on various TV shows.
She first appeared on British television in 1991 with Channel 4 series Remote Control and then with !Viva Cabaret! in 1993, alongside similar character-based acts such as Lily Savage and Bob Downe. She has since appeared on shows such as the Jack Dee Show and Lily Live!, as well as her own series Gayle's World in 1996. She has also appeared on Lily Savage's Blankety Blank.
Most of her recent appearances have been as characters other than Gayle Tuesday, notably on Harry Hill's TV Burp on which she is a writer as well as an occasional performer. Gilhooly is married and has two daughters.
- Britcom U-Y Archived April 17, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
- Gayle Tuesday: The Comeback
- "Series 1, Episode 5". Lily Savage's Blankety Blank. 4 February 2001. ITV. Repeated 24 August 2016 on Challenge TV.
- Lily Savage's Blankety Blank. 25 February 2001. ITV.
- Lily Savage's Blankety Blank. 20 May 2001. ITV.
- "Lily Savage's Blankety Blank". 3 June 2001. ITV. Missing or empty
|This article about a British comedian or humorist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|