|Born||February 19, 1979|
|Occupation||Screenwriter, Comic book creator, Television producer|
Brendan Hay (born February 19, 1979), is an American screenwriter, comic book creator and a television producer. Hay is currently co-executive producer and showrunner of Gremlins: Secrets of the Mogwai and former showrunner of Harvey Girls Forever! and Dawn of the Croods, both for DreamWorks Animation to stream on Netflix,.
Hay has worked for The Daily Show as a headline producer and was a contributing writer for the America (The Book). More recently, he has written for The Simpsons (his first credited episode is the season 20 finale "Coming to Homerica"), Robot Chicken (Emmy nominated in 2011 and 2015 ), The Mighty B!, Frank TV, and he was the head writer on the animated Star Wars comedy, Star Wars Detours, for Lucasfilm Animation.
Comic book career
Hay is a lifelong comic book fan. He wrote the full-length graphic novel, Rascal Raccoon's Raging Revenge, from Oni Press. He writes the digital comic book series The Dealbreakers for Four Star Studios digital anthology Double Feature. Previously, Hay wrote and created the mini-series Scream Queen for Boom! Studios, and wrote Boom!’s Eureka mini-series as well as short stories for Boom!'s Cthulhu Tales and Devil's Due Publishing's Lovebunny & Mr. Hell and Tromatic Tales. He also co-wrote the book Is It Just Me or Is Everything Shit?
- Fujikawa, Jenn (December 23, 2015). "Watch a Clip from Netflix's New Series, DAWN OF THE CROODS (Exclusive)". Nerdist. Archived from the original on August 14, 2018. Retrieved December 23, 2015.
- "Outstanding Short Format Animated Program 2011". Emmys.com. 2010-04-06. Retrieved 2011-09-10. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Cohen, David S. (2010-04-06). "Use the farce, Luke". Variety. Retrieved 2010-04-06. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Goldman, Eric (2012-08-24). "First Footage Shown From Seth Green and Matt Senreich's Star Wars Detours Animated Series". IGN. Retrieved 2012-08-24. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- 6, Robot (2011-07-22). "Oni Announces Rascal Raccoon's Raging Revenge". Robot 6. Retrieved 2011-07-22. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) CS1 maint: numeric names: authors list (link)
- Manning, Shaun (2009-02-02). "Brendan Hay Talks "Eureka" Comics". Comic Book Resources. Retrieved 2009-02-23. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)