May 19, 1994 |
Winnipeg, MB, CAN
|Height||5 ft 10 in (178 cm)|
|Weight||165 lb (75 kg; 11 st 11 lb)|
|NHL team (P)
|Toronto Maple Leafs
Toronto Marlies (AHL)
|NHL Draft||89th overall, 2012
Brendan Leipsic (born May 19, 1994) is a Canadian professional ice hockey Forward. He is currently playing for the Toronto Marlies in the American Hockey League (AHL). Leipsic was selected by the Nashville Predators in the 3rd round (89th overall) of the 2012 NHL Entry Draft.
Leipsic played in the WHL from the 2010–11 season. In the 2012–13 season with the Portland Winterhawks, Leipsic scored 120 points in 68 games to win the CHL Top Scorer Award as the highest-scoring player in the Canadian Hockey League.
On May 23, 2013, the Predators signed Leipsic to a three-year entry-level contract.
On February 15, 2015, the Predators traded Leipsic along with Olli Jokinen and Nashville's 2015 first round draft pick to the Toronto Maple Leafs in a package deal for Cody Franson and Mike Santorelli.
Regular season and playoffs
Awards and honours
|CHL Top Scorer Award||2012–13|||
- Preds prospect Brendan Leipsic finishes as leading scorer in all of major junior… | Section 303
- "Predators sign Leipsic". Nashville Predators. 2013-05-23. Retrieved 2013-05-23.
- "Leafs trade Santorelli, Franson to Predators". MapleLeafsHotStove.com. 2015-02-15. Retrieved 2015-02-15.
- "2012-13 Award Winners". Canadian Hockey League. 2013-05-01. Retrieved 2013-05-01.
- Brendan Leipsic's career statistics at EliteProspects.com
- Brendan Leipsic's career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
|This biographical article relating to a Canadian ice hockey player is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|