Brendan Q. Ferguson
|Brendan Q. Ferguson|
|Occupation||Game designer, writer, programmer|
Brendan Q. Ferguson is an American computer game designer, writer, programmer, and voice actor. He was the co-designer and co-writer of Sam & Max Save the World and Sam & Max Beyond Time and Space. He was also the co-designer of Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People.
Brendan Q. Ferguson began his career as a programmer at LucasArts in 2003 on Star Wars: Obi-Wan. He was a co-writer and co-designer of the cancelled Sam & Max Freelance Police. He left LucasArts with much of the Freelance Police team in 2004 to join Telltale Games. He maintained their blog in their early years and was as a co-designer of their first game, Telltale Texas Hold'em. He was also the voice of Theodore Dudebrough in that game. Between 2006 and 2007, he co-designed and co-wrote Sam & Max Save the World. In 2007 and 2008, he also the co-designed and co-wrote the sequel, Sam & Max Beyond Time and Space. He reprised his role as voice actor in those games, voicing the bug. His final project at Telltale Games was writing the episode The Tomb of Sammun-Mak for Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse, before leaving Telltale Games in 2010.
Sam & Max Beyond Time & Space, which was co-designed and co-written by Ferguson, received awards in the 2008 Adventure Gamers Aggie Awards in the categories of "Best Writing", "Best Gameplay", "Best Third-Person PC Adventure", and "Best Adventure of 2008".
Tales of Monkey Island, for which Brendan Q. Furguson co-developed episodes 1–4, was nominated for "best artistic design" and won for the award for "biggest surprise" at IGN's Best of E3 2009 Awards. After release, it won the PC Gamer 2009 adventure game of the year, was nominated for the IGN best adventure game of the year for PC and Wii, won the Adventure Gamers Best Adventure of 2009, and was named the "Best Series Revival" by OC Weekly.
- 2001 Star Wars: Obi-Wan, programmer (LucasArts)
- 2003 Gladius, programmer (LucasArts)
- 2005 Telltale Texas Hold'em, co-designer, voice actor (Theodore Dudebrough) (Telltale Games)
- 2007 Sam & Max Save the World, co-designer, co-writer, voice actor (the bug) (Telltale Games)
- 2008 Sam & Max Beyond Time and Space, co-designer, co-writer, voice actor (the bug) (Telltale Games)
- 2008 Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People, co-designer (Telltale Games)
- 2009 Tales of Monkey Island, co-designer Episodes 1–4 (Telltale Games)
- 2010 Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse, writer The Tomb of Sammun-Mak (Telltale Games)
- "Brendan Q. Ferguson's tales all told?". The International House of Mojo. April 28, 2010. Retrieved October 30, 2012.
- "First Strong Bad Info and Media Released". The International House of Mojo. April 11, 2008. Retrieved October 30, 2012.
- "2008 Aggie Awards". Adventure Gamers. February 18, 2009. Retrieved October 30, 2012.
- "Best of PC E3 2009 Awards". IGN. June 11, 2009. Retrieved December 5, 2011.
- "PC Gamer Game of the Year Awards". PC Gamer. January 2010.
- "Wii Best Adventure Game 2009". IGN. 2009. Retrieved December 2, 2011.
- "PC Best Adventure Game 2009". IGN. 2009. Retrieved December 3, 2011.
- "Best Adventure of 2009". Adventure Gamers. 2009. Retrieved December 2, 2011.
- Mai, Peter (December 22, 2009). "Best and Worst Video Games of 2009". OC Weekly. Village Voice Media. Retrieved January 11, 2010.