|Date of birth||28 November 1990|
|Place of birth||OngaOnga, Hawke's Bay, New Zealand|
|Height||1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|Weight||112 kg (17 st 9 lb)|
|School||Central Hawkes Bay College / Ongaonga Primary|
|Rugby union career|
Hailing from the Hawke's Bay Region, Edmonds played during the 2006-2008 seasons for the Central Hawkes Bay College 1st XV along with the likes of Dominic Bird, Mua Sala & Andrew Burne. Edmonds then represented Hawkes Bay at Under 16, 18 and 20 level before making his senior breakthrough in 2011 where he came on in the ITM Cup Championship final in Palmerston North against Manawatu, helping his Magpies side win the title and get promoted to the 2012 ITM Cup Premiership. However it was the following year that Edmonds began making a name for himself with some strong displays in a good campaign for the Magpies.
He was not initially named in any Super Rugby squads for the 2014 season, but some injuries to front-row players at the Hurricanes saw him called up to their wider training squad. He debuted on 18 April 2014 as a second-half substitute in a 39–20 victory for the Hurricanes over the Blues in Wellington.
Edmonds signed for the Highlanders for the 2015 Super Rugby season. He is described as a powerful scrummager with a high work rate who performed well in the successful 2015 Super Rugby season for the Highlanders.
- "Hawke's Bay Magpies The Team". Hawke's Bay Magpies. Retrieved 4 May 2014.
- "Brendon Edmonds itsrugby.co.uk Player Statistics". itsrugby.co.uk. Retrieved 4 May 2014.
- "Brendon Edmonds Hurricanes Player Profile". Hurricanes. Retrieved 4 May 2014.
- "Hurricanes vs Blues 18 April 2014 Match Breakdown". SA Rugby. Retrieved 4 May 2014.
- "Highlanders Bolster Forward Stocks for 2015" (Press release). Highlanders. 1 October 2014. Retrieved 1 October 2014.
- "Brendon Edmonds | The Highlanders". thehighlanders.co.nz. Retrieved 2016-10-05.