|Born||January 22, 1996|
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
|Height||5 ft 9 in (175 cm)|
|Weight||140 lb (64 kg)|
|Coached by||Lane Clegg|
Brenna Huckaby (born January 22, 1996) is an American snowboarder. She competed at the 2018 Winter Paralympics, winning gold medals in the snowboard cross and banked slalom. She is the first Paralympian to appear in the Swimsuit Issue of Sports Illustrated.
Early life and education
Huckaby has two brothers. Huckaby was a nationally ranked gymnast. She learned to snowboard at age 15 at the National Ability Center. While still in school, Huckaby moved to Utah to pursue snowboarding.
Huckaby won her first world championship in snowboarding in 2015. She won world championships in both snowboard-cross and banked slalom in 2017. Huckaby is the first Paralympian to appear in Sports Illustrated's Swimsuit issue.
- "Brenna Huckaby". Team USA. Retrieved March 7, 2018.
- Breakey, Sharlene (2017-12-27). "Para Snowboarder Brenna Huckaby Shares Her Proudest Moment Before the 2018 Paralympics". Parents. Retrieved 2018-03-07.
- "Q&A withsnowboarder Brenna Huckaby". NBC Olympics. December 19, 2017. Retrieved March 7, 2018.
- Williams, Doug (March 6, 2018). "Increased Interest In Paralympic Games Shines A Light On Athletes". Team USA. Retrieved March 7, 2018.
- "Brenna Huckaby". Athlete's profile. Pyeongchang 2018. Retrieved 16 March 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)