Bookwalter at the 2013 Critérium du Dauphiné
|Born||February 16, 1984|
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|Weight||70 kg (154 lb)|
|Rider type||Time trialist/ Domestique|
|2007||USA Cycling National Development Team|
|2008–2018||BMC Racing Team|
Born in Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States, Bookwalter was a member of the Lees–McRae College (Banner Elk, NC) cycling team from 2003–2006. While a member they won 7 national titles as a team and Bookwalter won multiple individual national titles in Mountain Bike, Road and Cyclo-Cross disciplines. He graduated from Lees-McRae in 2006 with a BS in Biology.
In 2013, Bookwalter won the first stage of the Tour of Qatar, which was marked by strong winds, creating breaks in the peloton. Bookwalter and two other riders escaped from the leading group with 11 kilometres (6.8 mi) to cover and successfully defended their lead, and Bookwalter outsprinted the pair. The chasers were on their heels as they crossed the line and were awarded the same time as him. A team time trial victory in stage two allowed Bookwalter to keep the yellow jersey through stage three before ultimately finishing in second overall to Mark Cavendish. Bookwalter would go on to finish runner-up in the U.S. National Time Trial and Road Race that spring as well as runner-up to Rohan Dennis in the inaugural Tour of Alberta.
In 2015, Bookwalter captured his first classification title by winning the points classification at the Tour of Utah. He won the second stage of the 2015 USA Pro Cycling Challenge, a mountaintop finish, to claim the yellow jersey  which he would wear for two days before ultimately finishing second overall to teammate Rohan Dennis.
- 1st Time trial, National Under–23 Road Championships
- 1st Prologue Tour of Utah
- 1st Fall Tour Invitational
- 4th Time trial, National Road Championships
- 3rd Time trial, National Road Championships
- 2nd Overall Tour of Qatar
- 1st Stages 1 & 2 (TTT)
- National Road Championships
- 2nd Overall Tour of Alberta
- 1st Stage 1 (TTT) Giro del Trentino
- 2nd Overall USA Pro Cycling Challenge
- 1st Stage 2
- 3rd Overall Tour of Utah
- 1st Sprints Classification
- 4th Overall Tour of Austria
- 3rd Overall Tour of California
- 8th Overall Vuelta a Andalucía
- 1st Stage 2 (TTT) Volta a Catalunya
- 2nd Time trial, National Road Championships
- 4th Overall Tour of California
- 4th Overall Tour of Yorkshire
- 5th Overall Tour of Utah
- 1st Stage 2
Grand Tour general classification results timeline
|Tour de France||147||114||—||91||—||—||117||—||—||—|
|Vuelta a España||—||—||78||—||—||—||—||—||66||—|
|—||Did not compete|
|DNF||Did not finish|
- BMC Racing Team Profile, BMC Racing Team
- "Mitchelton-Scott finalise 25-rider roster for 2019". Cyclingnews.com. Immediate Media Company. November 15, 2018. Retrieved January 3, 2019.
- Andrew Hood (May 8, 2010). "Bookwalter beaming after runner-up ride". VeloNews. Competitor Group, Inc. Retrieved February 2, 2013.
- 2010 Liège–Bastogne–Liège standings, Liège–Bastogne–Liège website.
- Shane Stokes (February 3, 2013). "Bookwalter races to stage win and first leader's jersey in Tour of Qatar". VeloNation. Velo Nation LLC. Retrieved February 3, 2013.
- Day, Ben (19 August 2015). "USA Pro Challenge: The Day Report Stage 2". Cyclingnews.com. Immediate Media Company. Retrieved 19 August 2015.
Media related to Brent Bookwalter at Wikimedia Commons