February 22, 1966 |
Vegreville, AB, CAN
|Height||6 ft 2 in (188 cm)|
|Weight||210 lb (95 kg; 15 st 0 lb)|
|Played for||Quebec Nordiques
New York Islanders
Mighty Ducks of Anaheim
Severyn Sports Blue Team
|NHL Draft||99th overall, 1984
Brent "The Throat" Severyn (born February 22, 1966) is a Canadian former professional ice hockey Defenseman who played in the National Hockey League. Severyn now resides in Dallas, Texas, where he currently "plays" for the Severyn Sports Blue team.
Severyn was drafted 99th overall by the Winnipeg Jets in the 1984 NHL Entry Draft and played for the Quebec Nordiques, Florida Panthers, New York Islanders, Colorado Avalanche, Mighty Ducks of Anaheim and the Dallas Stars. Severyn's primary role with each of his teams was to be an enforcer. He finished his career with 10 goals, 30 assists, and 815 Penalty Minutes (PIM) in 328 regular season games. He participated in the only NHL fight to have occurred in Japan. He was a member of the Stanley Cup winning Dallas Stars in 1999. He had a two-year spell in the Deutsche Eishockey Liga in Germany with the Munich Barons and the Krefeld Pinguine before retiring in 2001. On June 24, 2016, he won the coveted 1st star in Severyn Sports' nooner.
Severyn is the President of Severyn Sports, a conglomerate focusing on the promotion of sports and business in the community. Severyn Sports is mainly located in Texas, with its head branch is in Dallas. He is also a former radio color analyst for the Anaheim Ducks.
|1984–85||Brandon Wheat Kings||WHL||41||8||32||40||54||—||—||—||—||—|
|1986–87||University of Alberta||CIS||41||7||18||25||165||—||—||—||—||—|
|1987–88||University of Alberta||CIS||46||21||29||50||178||—||—||—||—||—|
|1994–95||New York Islanders||NHL||19||1||3||4||34||—||—||—||—||—|
|1995–96||New York Islanders||NHL||65||1||8||9||180||—||—||—||—||—|
|1997–98||Mighty Ducks of Anaheim||NHL||37||1||3||4||133||—||—||—||—||—|
- June 3, 1991 – Traded from Quebec to New Jersey for Dave Marcinyshyn
- September 30, 1993 – Traded from New Jersey to Winnipeg for conditional draft pick
- October 3, 1993 – Traded from Winnipeg to Florida for Milan Tichy
- September 4, 1996 – Traded from New York Islanders to Colorado for 3rd round draft pick in 1997 draft (Francis Lessard)
- "An enforcer's life is a daily battle". SI.com. 2011-09-21. Retrieved 2011-09-21.
- "Severyn Sports". SeverynSports.com. 2008-01-02. Retrieved 2009-05-18.
- "Brent Severyn - Anaheim Ducks radio color analyst". Anaheim Ducks. 2009-03-20. Archived from the original on January 19, 2007. Retrieved 2010-01-10.
- Brent Severyn career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
- An enforcer's life is a daily battle by Brent Severyn
|This biographical article relating to a Canadian ice hockey defenceman born in the 1960s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|