February 28, 1996|
London, Ontario, Canada
|Height||5 ft 9 in (175 cm)|
|Weight||156 lb (71 kg; 11 st 2 lb)|
|NHL team (P)|
New Jersey Devils|
Binghamton Devils (AHL)
157th overall, 2015|
New Jersey Devils
Brett Seney (born February 28, 1996) is a Canadian professional ice hockey player for the Binghamton Devils of the American Hockey League (AHL) while under contract to the New Jersey Devils of the National Hockey League (NHL). Seney was drafted by the Devils 157th overall in the 2015 NHL Entry Draft.
Seney was selected 157th overall in the 2015 NHL Entry Draft by the New Jersey Devils. He was committed to play for Merrimack College in October 2015, but after a successful season with the Kingston Voyageurs he was asked to start a season earlier. In his sophomore, junior, and senior season at Merrimack College, Seney was named to the Hockey East All-Academic Team. In his senior year he was named to the Hockey East Third Team All-Star.
On March 16, 2018, at the conclusion of his senior season, Seney signed a two-year, entry-level contract with the Devils. He was assigned to the Devils American Hockey League team, the Binghamton Devils, for the 2018–19 season. On November 3, 2018, Seney made his NHL debut as the Devils lost 3–0 to the New York Islanders. On November 11, Seney recorded his first career NHL goal in a 5–2 loss to the Winnipeg Jets.
|2018–19||New Jersey Devils||NHL||51||5||8||13||31||—||—||—||—||—|
Awards and honours
|HE Third Team All-Star||2018|||
|HE All-Academic Team||2016, 2017, 2018|
- Pyette, Ryan (March 6, 2015). "Londoner Brett Seney making mark on the ice at Merrimack College". The London Free Press. Retrieved November 8, 2018.
- "BRETT SENEY". merrimackathletics.com. Retrieved November 8, 2018.
- "Devils sign Brett Seney to entry-level contract". NHL.com. March 16, 2018. Retrieved November 4, 2018.
- Ryan, Chris (August 8, 2018). "Why Devils' AHL coach believes Brett Seney will be a successful pro". nj.com. Retrieved November 8, 2018.
- Gorman, Denis P. (November 4, 2018). "Greiss, Islanders blank Devils 3-0". AP News. Retrieved November 4, 2018.
Devils LW Brett Seney made his NHL debut. The 157th pick in the 2015 draft was called up from the minors on Friday.
- Billeck, Scott (November 11, 2018). "Scheifele, Jets hand Devils third straight loss". NHL.com. Retrieved November 11, 2018.
- "Joey Seney - Elite Prospects". www.eliteprospects.com. Retrieved November 27, 2018.
- Briand, Jessica (January 28, 2018). "Good People Doing Good Things: Joe Seney". Dalhousie Gazette. Retrieved November 27, 2018.
- "#88 Joe Seney". www.buiha.org.uk. Retrieved November 27, 2018.
- Biographical information and career statistics from NHL.com, or Eliteprospects.com, or Hockey-Reference.com, or The Internet Hockey Database
|This biographical article relating to a Canadian ice hockey winger born in the 1990s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|