Jump to navigation Jump to search
Brevity codes are used in amateur radio, maritime, aviation and military communications. The codes are designed to convey complex information with a few words or codes. Some terms are classified to the public.
List of brevity codes
- ACP-131 Allied military brevity codes
- ARRL Numbered Radiogram
- Multiservice tactical brevity code used by various military forces. The codes' procedure words, a type of voice procedure, are designed to convey complex information with a few words, when brevity is required but security is not.
- Ten-code - North American police brevity codes, including such notable ones as 10-4.
- Phillips Code
- NOTAM Code
- Operating signals
- SINPO code - code used to describe the quality of radio transmissions, especially in reception reports written by shortwave listeners
- R-S-T system- information about the quality of a radio signal being received. Used by amateur radio operators, shortwave listeners.
- Morse code abbreviations