New South Wales
Location in New South Wales
|Population||1,651 (2016 census)|
|• Density||0.086043/km2 (0.22285/sq mi)|
|Area||19,188 km2 (7,408.5 sq mi)|
|Mayor||Phillip O'Connor (Independent)|
Brewarrina Shire is a local government area in the Orana region of New South Wales, Australia. The Shire is located adjacent to the Darling River, which is known as the Barwon River upstream from Bourke; and located adjacent to the Kamilaroi Highway. The northern boundary of the Shire is located adjacent to the border between New South Wales and Queensland. The Shire is a wool and cotton growing area.
Towns and villages
According to the Australian Bureau of Statistics during 2003-04, there were 500 wage and salary earners (ranked 163rd in New South Wales and 528th in Australia, less than 0.1% of both New South Wales's 2,558,415 and Australia's 7,831,856) with a total income of $17 million (ranked 162nd in New South Wales and 527nd in Australia, less than 0.1% of both New South Wales's $107 billion and Australia's $304 billion). It was an estimated average income per wage and salary earner of $33,530 (ranked 90th in New South Wales and 302nd in Australia, 81% of New South Wales's $41,407 and 86% of Australia's $38,820) and that median income per wage and salary earner of $32,230 (ranked 73rd in New South Wales and 245th in Australia, 91% of New South Wales's $35,479 and 94% of Australia's $34,149).
|Selected historical census data for Bayside Council local government area|
|Population||Estimated residents on census night||1,766||1,651|
|LGA rank in terms of size within New South Wales||129th||128th|
Current composition and election method
Brewarrina Shire Council is composed of nine Councillors elected proportionally as a single ward. All Councillors are elected for a fixed four-year term of office. The Mayor is elected by the Councillors at the first meeting of the Council. The most recent election was held on 10 September 2016, and the makeup of the Council is as follows:
|Independents and Unaligned||9|
The current Council, elected in 2016, in order of election, is:
|Phillip (Ocker) O'Connor||Unaligned||Mayor|
|Mark Brown||Independent||Deputy Mayor|
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Brewarrina (A)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 7 July 2017.
- "Regional Wage and Salary Earner Statistics, Australia (catalogue no.: 5673.055.003)". Australian Bureau of Statistics. Retrieved 11 March 2007.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Brewarrina (A)". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 22 October 2012.
- "Brewarrina Shire Council: Summary of First Preference Votes for each Candidate". Local Government Elections 2016. Electoral Commission of New South Wales. 17 September 2016. Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- "Brewarrina Shire Council". www.brewarrina.nsw.gov.au. Retrieved 2016-11-03.
|This New South Wales geography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|