Brewing in Oregon
Many sources credit Swiss-born Henry Saxer and his Liberty Brewery as being Oregon’s first commercial brewery (supposedly opening in 1852); however, the first verifiable record of a brewery in Oregon is an advertisement in the August 5, 1854 issue of The Weekly Oregonian for Charles Barrett's Portland Brewery and General Grocery Establishment. 
- 1862 – After working at and later owning several smaller breweries, Henry Weinhard purchased and expanded Liberty Brewery which was later renamed City Brewery.
- 1914 – Five years before national prohibition was established, the voters of Oregon approved a statewide ban on the manufacture, sale or advertisement of intoxicating liquor.
- 1933 – Oregon and the nation ratified the 21st Amendment.
- 1985 – Oregon Legislature legalized brewpubs.
According to a 2014 report by the Beer Institute, Oregon had 208 breweries, a number exceeded by only three states – California (with 509 breweries), Washington (251), and Colorado (217). As of July 2015, Oregon was home to 234 brewing facilities operated by 194 brewing companies. There are also many nanobreweries in Oregon. Many breweries have won nationwide and international acclaim.
Alongside brewing, hops have a historical presence in Oregon. Hop production in Oregon began in 1867 when William Wells planted his first crop in Buena Vista, Ore. This grew throughout the 20th century, when Oregon was dubbed the "Hop Center of the World" for its production around Independence, Ore., in Polk County. Hop production later saw some decline due to mildew and mechanical picking technology; however, Oregon remains the second largest hop producing state in the US.
Oregon State University began planting and experimenting with hops as early as 1893. Dr. Alfred Haunold influenced modern and popular hop varieties through his work with food studies. The Fermentation Science Program established itself in 1995 and further aided the study of hops and brewing at Oregon State, followed by the creation of the Oregon Hops and Brewing Archives in 2013.
The following are some Oregon-based breweries. The list includes some large brewing companies that have regional or national distribution. Oregon also has many mid-size and small breweries. Most of them produce kegs of beer to be served on draft at taverns and restaurants. Many of them also package their beer in bottles or cans. Some production breweries have taprooms where patrons can drink the beer that is produced onsite. And some breweries are brewpubs – full-service restaurants that brew their own beer.
- 10 Barrel Brewing Company – bottles, cans, and brewpub locations in Bend and Portland, as well as Boise, Denver, and San Diego; founded in 2006; bought by Anheuser-Busch in 2014.
- Agrarian Ales – Eugene; bottles, brewpub, opened in 2012
- Alesong Brewing & Blending – Lorane; bottles, tasting room; founded in 2015
- Ancestry Brewing – opened in 2016, brewery and taproom in Tualatin, restaurant in Portland
- Barley Brown's Beer – Baker City – brewpub, and production brewery with taproom; founded in 1998
- Block 15 Brewing Company – Corvallis – bottles; brewpub opened in 2008; production brewery and taproom opened in 2015
- Boneyard Beer – Bend; tasting room; opened in 2010
- Breakside Brewery – bottles; brewpub in Northeast Portland (opened in 2010), brewery and taproom in Milwaukie (2013), and brewpub in Northwest Portland (2017)
- Buoy Beer Company – Astoria; bottles, brewpub; opened in 2014
- Captured by Porches Brewing – Saint Helens
- Cascade Brewing – bottles; two brewpubs in Portland; founded in 1998
- Cascade Lakes Brewing Company – bottles; brewpubs in Redmond and Bend; founded in 1994
- Claim 52 Brewing - Eugene; cans, taproom, brewpub; founded in 2012
- Coldfire Brewing – Eugene; bottles, cans, brewpub; opened in 2016
- De Garde Brewing – Tillamook; bottles, taproom; opened in 2013
- Deschutes Brewery – Bend, Portland; bottles, brewpubs; founded in 1988
- Double Mountain Brewery – bottles; taprooms in Hood River and Portland; founded in 2007
- Elk Horn Brewing – Eugene; brewpub; founded in 2014
- Falling Sky Brewing – Eugene; brewery, multiple taprooms, founded in 2012
- Fearless Brewing – Estacada; cans, brewpub, founded in 2003
- Fort George Brewery – Astoria; cans, brewpub; opened in 2007
- Full Sail Brewing Company – Hood River; bottles, brewpub; founded in 1987
- Gilgamesh Brewing – Salem; bottles, brewpub; opened in 2009
- Great Notion Brewing – Portland brewpub, opened in 2016
- Hair of the Dog Brewing Company – Portland; bottles, brewpub; founded in 1993
- Hop Valley Brewing Company – Eugene, founded in 2009
- Laurelwood Pub and Brewery – brewpub with several locations in Portland; founded in 2001
- Little Beast Brewing – Clackamas (brewery); Portland (beer garden); bottles, brewpub; founded in 2017
- Logsdon Farmhouse Ales – Hood River; bottles, taproom; founded in 2011
- McMenamins – a brewpub chain with locations scattered throughout Oregon and Washington; founded in 1983
- Ninkasi Brewing Company – Eugene; bottles, taproom; founded in 2006
- Oakshire Brewing – Eugene, bottles, cans, ; founded in 2006
- Old Town Brewing – Portland; bottles and pizzeria brewpub; original restaurant opened in 1974, brewpub opened in 2012
- Ordnance Brewing – Boardman – cans, taproom, opened in 2014
- Pelican Brewing Company – bottles; brewpubs in Pacific City and Cannon Beach, taproom in Tillamook; founded in 1996
- pFriem Family Brewers – Hood River; bottles, brewpub; opened in 2012
- Plank Town Brewing – Springfield; bottles, brewpub; founded in 2013
- Portland Brewing Company – Portland; bottles, brewpub; founded in 1986; bought by Pyramid Breweries in 2004; acquired by Florida Ice and Farm Company in 2012
- The Prodigal Son Brewery and Pub – Pendleton – brewpub, opened in 2010
- Rogue Ales – Newport; founded in 1988; bottles, cans; brewpubs in Oregon, Washington, and California
- Sam Bond's Brewing Company – Eugene; bottles, taprooms, founded in 2013
- Stickmen Brewing Company – Lake Oswego; bottles/cans, brewpubs in Lake Oswego and Tualatin, founded in 2013
- Upright Brewing – Portland; opened in 2009; bottles, taproom
- Viking Braggot Company – Eugene; bottles, taprooms; opened in 2013
- Widmer Brothers Brewery – Portland; founded in 1984, Widmer Brothers is now part of Craft Brew Alliance
- Wolves & People Farmhouse Brewery – Newberg – bottles, taproom, opened in 2016
- Worthy Brewing – Bend; cans, brewpub; founded in 2013
- Yachats Brewing – Yachats – farm store opened in 2012, added a brewpub in 2015
- Alameda Brewing Company – Portland; bottles, cans, brewpub; founded in 1996. Closed in 2018.
- BridgePort Brewing Company – Portland; bottles, brewpub; founded in 1984; acquired by the Gambrinus Company in 1995;
- Burnside Brewing Company
- The Commons Brewery – Portland – cans, taproom, opened in 2011. Closed in 2017.
- Henry Weinhard's, formerly of Portland, is now owned and brewed by SABMiller, although some beers are brewed under contract by Full Sail Brewing Company. The Weinhard Brewery Complex is now a mixed-use development.
- Tugboat Brewing Company – Portland brewpub, opened in 1996. Closed in 2017.
The Gold Beach Brew & Art Festival is always held the Saturday after Labor Day. It is the oldest brew festival in southern Oregon and on the Oregon Coast.
Oregon is host to several other beer oriented festivals throughout the year, each with their own unique focus and feel.
World Beer Cup
(Discontinued in 2018)
|2016||Champion Brewery (Very Small)||Arch Rock Brewing Co.||James Smith||Gold Beach|
|2014||Champion Brewery (Small)||Pelican Brewery||Darron Welch, Steve Panos||Pacific City|
|2012||Champion Brewpub (Large)||Pelican Pub & Brewery||Darron R S Welch||Pacific City|
|2008||Champion Brewpub (Small)||Bend Brewing Company||Tonya Cornett||Bend|
|2004||Champion Brewpub (Small)||Laurelwood Pub & Brewery||Christian Ettinger||Portland|
Individual Beer Awards
|2018||Bronze||Disorder||Barley Brown's Brew Pub||American-Style Stout|
|2018||Silver||Breakside Wanderlust IPA||Breakside Brewery & Taproom||American-Style Strong Pale Ale|
|2018||Bronze||BayWatch||Elk Horn Brewery||American-Style Wheat Beer with Yeast|
|2018||Gold||Breakside Lunch Break ISA||Breakside Brewery & Taproom||Australian-Style Pale Ale or International-Style Pale Ale|
|2018||Silver||Doggerland||Oakshire Brewing||Baltic-Style Porter|
|2018||Gold||Nectarine Golden Ale||pFriem Family Brewers||Belgian-Style Fruit Beer|
|2018||Gold||Baywindow||10 Barrel Brewing Co. – Bend||Berliner-Style Weisse|
|2018||Bronze||Fantastic Voyage||Gigantic Brewing Co.||Brett Beer|
|2018||Silver||FivePine Chocolate Porter||Three Creeks Production||Brown Porter|
|2018||Gold||Shanghai'd IPA||Old Town Brewing||English-Style India Pale Ale|
|2018||Silver||Breakside Old World IPA||Breakside Brewery & Beer Hall||English-Style India Pale Ale|
|2018||Bronze||Orbiter IPA||Ecliptic Brewing||English-Style India Pale Ale|
|2018||Gold||Beaverton Blonde||Golden Valley Brewery||English-Style Summer Ale|
|2018||Gold||Sn4 Cuvée||Logsdon Farmhouse Ales||Experimental Beer|
|2018||Silver||Passionate Envy||10 Barrel Brewing Co. – Bend Pub||Fruit Wheat Beer|
|2018||Silver||IPA No. 5||Ground Breaker Brewing||Gluten-Free Beer|
|2018||Gold||67 Blonde Ale||Public Coast Brewing Co.||Golden or Blonde Ale|
|2018||Gold||Pilsner||Old Town Brewing||Historical Beer|
|2018||Gold||Good, Not Great||StormBreaker Brewing||Imperial Red Ale|
|2018||Silver||ZuurPruin||Logsdon Farmhouse Ales||Mixed Culture Brett Beer|
|2018||Silver||McKay's Scottish Ale||Three Creeks Brewing Co.||Scotch Ale|
|2018||Gold||Double Stack||Great Notion Brewing||Specialty Beer|
|2018||Gold||Queen of Hearts||Pelican Brewing Co. – Pacific City||Wood- and Barrel-Aged Beer|
|2016||Gold||Turmoil||Barley Brown's Brew Pub||American-Style Black Ale|
|2016||Gold||Pistol River Pale||Arch Rock Brewing Co.||American-Style Pale Ale|
|2016||Bronze||DAM Wild – Hops and Lemon Verbena||Flat Tail Brewing Co.||American-Style Sour Ale|
|2016||Gold||Fuzztail||Sunriver Brewing||American-Style Wheat Beer with Yeast|
|2016||Bronze||Lost Meridian Wit||Base Camp Brewing Co.||American-Style Wheat Beer with Yeast|
|2016||Silver||Breakside Lunch Break ISA||Breakside Brewery||Australian- or International-Style Pale Ale|
|2016||Bronze||Stormwatcher's Winterfest||Pelican Brewing Co. – Pacific City||Barley Wine-Style Ale|
|2016||Silver||Raise the Roost||Portland Brewing||Belgian-Style Pale Ale or Blonde Ale|
|2016||Gold||Capella Porter||Ecliptic Brewing||Brown Porter|
|2016||Silver||Hellcat||Fort George Brewery + Public House||Chili Beer|
|2016||Gold||Caldera Ashland Amber||Caldera Brewing Co.||Classic English-Style Pale Ale|
|2016||Bronze||Breakside ESB||Breakside Brewery – Pub Brewery||Classic English-Style Pale Ale|
|2016||Bronze||Breakside Will's Alt||Breakside Brewery – Pub Brewery||German-Style Altbier|
|2016||Gold||Lucubrator||Occidental Brewing Co.||German-Style Doppelbock or Eisbock|
|2016||Gold||Volkssekt||Bend Brewing Co.||German-Style Sour Ale|
|2016||Silver||Stumblers Stout||Columbia River Brewing Co.||Oatmeal Stout|
|2016||Bronze||Sasquatch Shadow||Elk Horn Brewery||Oatmeal Stout|
|2016||Gold||Brilliant||10 Barrel Brewing Co.||Other Strong Beer|
|2016||Silver||Breakside Smoked Porter||Breakside Brewery – Pub Brewery||Smoke Beer|
|2014||Gold||Turmoil||Barley Brown's Brew Pub||American-Style Black Ale|
|2014||Bronze||Flemish Kiss||Commons Brewery (The)||American-Style Brett Beer|
|2014||Gold||Black Flag Imperial Stout||Beer Valley Brewing Co.||American-Style Imperial Stout|
|2014||Silver||Block & Tackle Stout||Chetco Brewing Co.||American-Style Imperial Stout|
|2014||Bronze||Citrus Mistress||Hop Valley Brewing Co.||American-Style India Pale Ale|
|2014||Bronze||Ching Ching||Bend Brewing Co.||American-Style Sour Ale|
|2014||Bronze||Power to the People||10 Barrel Brewing – Boise Pub||American-Style Stout|
|2014||Bronze||DD Blonde||Hop Valley Brewing Co.||American-Style Wheat Beer|
|2014||Gold||Hefeweizen||Widmer Brothers Brewing Co.||American-Style Wheat Beer With Yeast|
|2014||Silver||Silverspot IPA||Pelican Brewery||English-Style India Pale Ale|
|2014||Gold||Mother Lode Golden Ale||Laurelwood Brewing Co.||English-Style Summer Ale|
|2014||Gold||Cucumber Crush||10 Barrel Brewing Co.||Field Beer or Pumpkin Beer|
|2014||Silver||I'd Like to Buy the World a Kölsch||Old Town Brewing Co.||German-Style Kölsch/Köln-Style Kölsch|
|2014||Gold||Kiwanda Cream Ale||Pelican Brewery||Golden or Blonde Ale|
|2014||Bronze||Paulie's Not Irish Red||Old Town Brewing Co.||Irish-Style Red Ale|
|2014||Gold||Cerasus||Logsdon Organic Farm Brewery||Other Belgian-Style Ale|
|2014||Gold||Scottish Ale||Two Kilts Brewing Co.||Scottish-Style Ale|
|2014||Gold||Pipewrench||Gigantic Brewing||Wood- and Barrel-Aged Beer|
|2012||Gold||Peche 'n Brett||Logsdon Farmhouse Ales||American-Style Brett Ale|
|2012||Gold||Ching Ching||Bend Brewing Co.||American-Style Sour Ale|
|2012||Bronze||DD Blonde||Hop Valley Brewing Co.||American-Style Wheat Beer|
|2012||Gold||Stormwatcher's Winterfest||Pelican Pub & Brewery||Barley Wine-Style Ale|
|2012||Bronze||Caldera Ashland Amber||Caldera Brewing Co.||Classic English-Style Pale Ale|
|2012||Bronze||Breakside Dry Stout||Breakside Brewery||Classic Irish-Style Dry Stout|
|2012||Silver||Drunken Elf Stout||Columbia River Brewing Co.||Coffee Beer|
|2012||Bronze||Mother Lode Golden Ale||Laurelwood Brewing Co.||English-Style Summer Ale|
|2012||Bronze||Urban Farmhouse Ale||Commons Brewery (The)||French- & Belgian-Style Saison|
|2012||Bronze||Oyster Stout||Upright Brewing Co.||Indigenous Beer|
|2012||Silver||Stumblers Stout||Columbia River Brewing Co.||Oatmeal Stout|
|2012||Gold||MacPelican's Scottish Style Ale||Pelican Pub & Brewery||Scottish-Style Ale|
|2010||Gold||Session Black||Full Sail Brewing Co.||American-Style Dark Lager|
|2010||Gold||Shredders Wheat||Barley Brown's Brew Pub||American-Style Wheat|
|2010||Bronze||DD Blonde||Hop Valley Brewing Co.||American-Style Wheat|
|2010||Silver||Caldera Pilot Rock Porter||Caldera Brewing Co.||Brown Porter|
|2010||Silver||Organic Velvet ESB||Hopworks Urban Brewery||Extra Special Bitter or Strong Bitter|
|2010||Bronze||ALT||Widmer Brothers Brewing Co.||German-Style Brown Ale/Duesseldorf-Style Altbier|
|2010||Bronze||Gose||Upright Brewing Co.||German-Style Sour Ale|
|2010||Gold||Drop Top||Widmer Brothers Brewing Co.||Ordinary Bitter|
|2010||Silver||MacPelican's Scottish Style Ale||Pelican Pub & Brewery||Scottish-Style Ale|
|2010||Gold||Caldera Rauch Ur Bock||Caldera Brewing Co.||Smoked Beer|
|2010||Silver||Smoke Ale||Rogue Ales||Smoked Beer|
|2010||Gold||Bachelor Bitter||Deschutes Brewery||Special Bitter or Best Bitter|
|2010||Gold||Outback X||Bend Brewing Co.||Strong Ale|
|2008||Gold||Doryman's Dark Ale||Pelican Pub & Brewery||American-Style Brown Ale|
|2008||Gold||Black Diamond Lager||Bend Brewing Co.||American-Style Dark Lager|
|2008||Gold||Widmer Hefeweizen||Widmer Brothers Brewing Co.||American-Style Hefeweizen|
|2008||Bronze||India Pelican Ale||Pelican Pub & Brewery||American-Style India Pale Ale|
|2008||Gold||Widmer Pale Ale||Widmer Brothers Brewing Co.||American-Style Pale Ale|
|2008||Gold||Organic IPA||Hopworks Urban Brewery||American-Style Strong Pale Ale|
|2008||Silver||HUB Organic Lager||Hopworks Urban Brewery||Bohemian-Style Pilsener|
|2008||Gold||BridgePort Beertown Brown||BridgePort Brewing Co.||English-Style Brown Ale|
|2008||Bronze||Tsunami Stout||Pelican Pub & Brewery||Foreign (Export)-Style Stout|
|2008||Gold||Deschutes Brewery Sorghum Beer||Deschutes Brewery||Gluten Free Beer|
|2008||Silver||Kiwanda Cream Ale||Pelican Pub & Brewery||Golden or Blonde Ale|
|2008||Silver||Organic Deranger||Laurelwood Brewing Co.||Imperial or Double Red Ale|
|2008||Silver||BridgePort Blue Heron Pale Ale||BridgePort Brewing Co.||Ordinary Bitter|
|2008||Gold||Morimoto Soba Ale||Rogue Ales||Specialty Beer|
|2008||Bronze||Morimota Black Obi Soba Ale||Rogue Ales||Specialty Beer|
|2008||Gold||Outback X||Bend Brewing Co.||Strong Ale|
|2006||Bronze||Session Premium Lager||Full Sail Brewing Co.||American Cream Ale or Lager|
|2006||Bronze||Caldera Dry Hop Red||Caldera Brewing Co.||American-Style Extra Special Bitter or Strong Bitter|
|2006||Bronze||Pyramid Hefeweizen||Pyramid Alehouse/Breweries Inc||American-Style Hefeweizen|
|2006||Silver||India Pelican Ale||Pelican Pub & Brewery||American-Style India Pale Ale|
|2006||Gold||Shakespeare Stout||Rogue Ales||American-Style Stout|
|2006||Bronze||Pyramid Crystal Weizen||Pyramid Alehouse/Breweries Inc||American-Style Wheat Beer|
|2006||Gold||Caldera Pilsener Bier||Caldera Brewing Co.||Cellar or Unfiltered Beer|
|2006||Silver||Kiwanda Cream Ale||Pelican Pub & Brewery||Golden or Blonde Ale|
|2006||Bronze||Organic Deranger||Laurelwood Public House & Brewery||Imperial or Double Red Ale|
|2006||Gold||Blue Heron Pale Ale||BridgePort Brewing Co.||Ordinary Bitter|
|2006||Silver||Morimoto Black Obi Soba Ale||Rogue Ales||Specialty Beer|
|2004||Gold||Organic Free Range Red||Laurelwood Public House & Brewery||American-Style (Extra Special) Strong Bitter|
|2004||Gold||Widmer Hefeweizen||Widmer Brothers Brewing Co.||American-Style Hefeweizen|
|2004||Bronze||Piston Pale Ale||Laurelwood Public House & Brewery||American-Style Pale Ale|
|2004||Gold||Old Boardhead Barleywine Ale||Full Sail Brewing Co.||Barley Wine-Style Ale|
|2004||Bronze||Wasco Indian Summer Ale||Alameda Brewing Co.||English-Style India Pale Ale|
|2004||Gold||Space Stout||Laurelwood Public House & Brewery||Foreign (Export)-Style Stout|
|2004||Silver||Tsunami Stout||Pelican Pub & Brewery||Foreign (Export)-Style Stout|
|2004||Gold||Kiwanda Cream Ale||Pelican Pub & Brewery||Golden or Blonde Ale|
|2004||Silver||Double Deranger||Laurelwood Public House & Brewery||Imperial or Double Red Ale|
|2004||Bronze||Blue Heron Pale Ale||BridgePort Brewing Co.||Ordinary Bitter|
|2004||Silver||Organic Tree Hugger Porter||Laurelwood Public House & Brewery||Robust Porter|
|2004||Silver||Caldera Rauch Ur Bock||Caldera Brewing Co.||Smoke-Flavored Beer|
|2002||Silver||Doryman's Dark Ale||Pelican Pub & Brewery||American-Style Brown Ale|
|2002||Gold||Piston Pale Ale||Laurelwood Public House & Brewery||American-Style Pale Ale|
|2002||Silver||Bridge Port India Pale Ale||BridgePort Brewing Co.||American-Style Pale Ale|
|2002||Silver||Obsidian Stout||Deschutes Brewery||Foreign Style Stout|
|2002||Gold||Mother Lode Golden Ale||Laurelwood Public House & Brewery||Golden or Blonde Ale|
|2002||Gold||Imperial Stout||Rogue Ales||Imperial Stout|
|2002||Silver||Jubel 2000||Deschutes Brewery||Old Ale|
|2002||Gold||Smoke||Rogue Ales||Smoke-Flavored Beer|
|2000||Silver||Doryman's Dark Ale||Pelican Pub & Brewery||American-Style Brown Ale|
|2000||Silver||Full Sail Old Boardhead Barleywine Ale||Full Sail Brewing Co.||Barley Wine-Style Ale|
|2000||Bronze||Black Butte Porter||Deschutes Brewery||Brown Porter|
|2000||Silver||Obsidian Stout||Deschutes Brewery||Foreign Style Stout|
|2000||Gold||Widmer Springfest||Widmer Brothers Brewing Co.||German-Style Brown Ale/Dusseldorf-Style|
|2000||Gold||Imperial Stout||Rogue Ales||Imperial Stout|
|2000||Silver||BridgePort IPA||BridgePort Brewing Co.||India Pale Ale|
|2000||Silver||Mocha Porter||Rogue Ales||Robust Porter|
|2000||Bronze||Smoke||Rogue Ales||Smoke Flavored Beers|
|1998||Silver||Black Butte Porter||Deschutes Brewery||Brown Porter|
|1998||Gold||Widmer Alt||Widmer Brothers Brewing Co.||German-Style Brown Ale/Dusseldorf-Style|
|1998||Gold||Smoke||Rogue Ales||Smoke-Flavored Beers (Ales or Lagers)|
|1996||Bronze||MacTarnahan's Ale||Portland Brewing Co.||American-Style Amber Ale|
|1996||Silver||Haystack Black||Portland Brewing Co.||Brown Porter|
|1996||Silver||BridgePort Porter||BridgePort Brewing Co.||Robust Porter|
- Woodward, Bob; Bennett, Laurel (January 1, 2010). "The History of Oregon Beer". 1859 Magazine. Retrieved May 2, 2017.
- "Advertisement Portland Brewery and General Grocery Establishment". The Weekly Oregonian. August 5, 1854.
- Oregon Historical Society (2002). "Henry Weinhard (1830-1904)" Archived 2016-08-27 at the Wayback Machine The Oregon History Project.
- Oregon State Archives
- "This Day in History: Prohibition Ends – Dec 5, 1933". History. Retrieved May 2, 2017.
- Holmstrom, Peter (March 8, 2016). "The Law that Changed Oregon's Beer Culture Forever". Portland Monthly. Retrieved May 2, 2017.
- "One Third of America's Breweries are in Four States. And This Is One of Them". Seattle Post–Intelligencer. February 16, 2014. Retrieved January 1, 2017.
- "Facts". Oregon Craft Beer. Retrieved January 16, 2017.
- "The History of Brewing in Oregon - Special Collections & Archives Research Center, Oregon State University Libraries". scarc.library.oregonstate.edu. Retrieved 2019-06-03.
- Jepsen, Sue (March 23, 2016). "10 Barrel Brewing Opens Rooftop Bar in Portland". Oregon Live. Retrieved January 16, 2017.
- Ditzler, Joseph (January 24, 2015). "10 Barrel Partners: No Apologies for Sale". The Bulletin. Archived from the original on January 26, 2015. Retrieved March 11, 2020.
- Glucklich, Elon. "Rural brewpub rub". The Register. Retrieved 2019-01-08.
- Gorthy, Joel. "541 Flavors: Alesong Brewing hits high notes at Great American Beer Festival". The Register. Retrieved 2019-01-08.
- Scheidt, Don (May 16, 2016). "Ancestry Brewing Opens Tualatin Tasting Room". New School Beer. Retrieved May 8, 2017.
- Cizmar, Martin (March 2, 2017). "Barley Brown's Is Baker City's Biggest Tourism Draw For a Reason". Willamette Week. Retrieved May 4, 2017.
- D.J. (July 24, 2015). "Block 15 Brewery & Tap Room to Open on Tuesday". Brewpublic. Retrieved May 8, 2017.
- Perez, Carlos (January 4, 2014). "Boneyard Sets Up New Brewery". Oregon Beer Growler. Archived from the original on January 18, 2017. Retrieved January 16, 2017.
- Bamman, Mattie John (March 6, 2017). "Breakside Brewery's Hop Lab Opens March 7 in Slabtown, Menu Revealed". Eater Portland. Retrieved May 4, 2017.
- Bass, Brooke (September 2, 2014). "Inside Astoria's New Riverfront Brewpub Buoy Beer". Portland Monthly. Retrieved January 18, 2017.
- Hall, Parker (February 23, 2016). "Captured by Porches". Eater Portland. Retrieved December 28, 2020.
- Averill, Graham (June 10, 2016). "Top 5 Beers from Cascade Brewing". Paste Magazine. Retrieved January 16, 2017.
- "Claim 52 Brewing opening The Abbey in Springfield". New School Beer. 2014-10-08. Retrieved 2019-01-08.
- "Taste of the Euro-Northwest – Eugene Weekly". Retrieved 2019-01-08.
- "New Brews – Eugene Weekly". Retrieved 2019-01-08.
- "5 Questions for Falling Sky Brewing's Scott Sieber". New School Beer. 2017-08-04. Retrieved 2019-01-08.
- "The Story Behind - Fearless Brewing Company". mthoodterritory.com. 2019-09-18. Retrieved 2020-10-05.
- Russell, Michael (January 6, 2016). "Long-Awaited Great Notion Brewing Is Pouring Beers on NE Alberta". Oregon Live. Retrieved January 17, 2017.
- "MillerCoors Announces Another Craft Beer Deal". Chicago Tribune. July 29, 2016. Retrieved June 20, 2017.
- "Little Beast moves production facilities from Beaverton to Clackamas". New School Beer. 2018-05-07. Retrieved 2019-02-22.
- "Little Beast Brewing Opening Beer Garden & Barrel House in Former Lompoc Hedge House". New School Beer. 2018-01-16. Retrieved 2019-02-22.
- Johnson-Greenough, Ezra (July 31, 2015). "Logsdon Farmhouse Ales Is Being Sold to New Uptown Market LLC". New School Beer. Retrieved January 17, 2017.
- "Oakshire Brewing Hires Industry Veteran as New Sales Director". Brewbound.com. 2018-05-21. Retrieved 2019-01-08.
- Plaven, George (March 30, 2017). "Ordnance Brewing Begins Canning Beer in Boardman". East Oregonian. Retrieved May 8, 2017.
- Carlson, Hannah (January 25, 2016). "Inside the Tank: Pelican Pub & Brewery's Darron Welch". PorchDrinking.com. Retrieved January 17, 2017.
- Richard, Terry (December 29, 2013). "Pfriem Family Brewers Strikes Chord with Before/After Anything Crowd in Hood River". OregonLive. Retrieved May 2, 2017.
- Contributor, About WW. "Plank Town Brewing Almost Single-Handedly Breathed Life Into Downtown Springfield". Willamette Week. Retrieved 2019-01-08.
- Yaeger, Brian (September 23, 2015). "Pyramid and Portland Brewing's New Start". The Portland Mercury. Retrieved April 30, 2017.
- Margaret (July 25, 2010). "Pendleton's Prodigal Son". Brewpublic. Retrieved May 8, 2017.
- "Sam Bond's Brewing Opens Tasting Room". New School Beer. 2014-05-30. Retrieved 2019-01-08.
- "Stickmen Brewing Company". New School Beer. Retrieved 2020-10-05.
- Newberry, Kerry (April 2011). "Upright Brewing in Portland, OR: Playful, Provocative, Farmhouse Inspired Beers". Serious Eats. Retrieved May 8, 2017.
- Artist, Samurai (March 31, 2017). "Alex Ganum Reflects on 8 Years of Upright Brewing". New School Beer. Retrieved May 8, 2017.
- Lee, Lauren (2013-06-21). "New brewery specializes in braggot, a style 'pioneered by vikings'". KVAL. Retrieved 2019-01-08.
- Furnari, Chris (August 9, 2016). "CBA Opens New Widmer Brothers Innovation Brewery in Portland". Brewbound. Retrieved April 30, 2017.
- Harbarger, Molly (July 20, 2016). "Wolves & People Cultivates Wild Yeast, Experimental Beers at Newberg Farm". Oregon Live. Retrieved May 8, 2017.
- Ditzler, Joseph (April 14, 2015). "Brewmaster Leaving Worthy Brewing". The Bulletin. Bend. Retrieved January 16, 2017.
- Salvia, Vanessa (August 24, 2016). "Yachats Brewing and Farmstore Puts a Sharp Focus on Fermentation". The Register-Guard. Retrieved May 8, 2017.
- Johnson-Greenough, Ezra (February 13, 2015). "Alameda Brewing Launches Beer in Cans, Canned Beer Fest in March". New School Beer. Retrieved January 23, 2017.
- Bell, Jon (2018-10-24). "As longtime Portland brewery prepares to close, its space draws interest from others". Portland Business Journal. Retrieved 2019-02-22.
- Walsh, Chad (March 27, 2015). "Now Open: The Commons Brewery on SE Belmont". Eater Portland. Retrieved May 4, 2017.
- "The Commons Brewery Pours Its Last Pint on November 11th". New School Beer. 2017-10-18. Retrieved 2019-02-22.
- Williams, Don (March 8, 2013). "Say "Tug Boat (Brewery)" Ten Times Really Fast..." The Beer Chaser. Retrieved January 16, 2017.
- "Hip Hops in Oregon", VIA Magazine, July 2002
- "Gold Beach Brewfest", Gold Beach Brew & Art Festival, May 2013
- "Award Winners". World Beer Cup. Retrieved December 29, 2020.