|New York Yankees|
|Born: January 8, 1992|
|September 5, 2017, for the St. Louis Cardinals|
|MLB statistics |
(through 2018 season)
|Runs batted in||8|
Breyvic José Valera Henríquez (born January 8, 1992) is a Venezuelan professional baseball second baseman for the New York Yankees of Major League Baseball (MLB). He has previously played in MLB for the St. Louis Cardinals, Los Angeles Dodgers, and Baltimore Orioles.
St. Louis Cardinals
Valera signed with the St. Louis Cardinals as an international free agent in May 2010. He made his professional debut with the Venezuelan Summer League Cardinals. He started 2014 with the Palm Beach Cardinals and was promoted to the Double-A Springfield Cardinals during the following season. Valera began 2016 with the Springfield Cardinals and was then promoted to the Memphis Redbirds, where he batted a combined .304 between both teams.
The Cardinals added Valera to their 40-man roster after the 2016 season.
On September 5, 2017 the St. Louis Cardinals recalled Valera from AAA Memphis Redbirds, and he made his debut the same night against the San Diego Padres. His first MLB hit, a single, came on September 7, 2017, against the San Diego Padres.
Valera was designated for assignment on March 28, 2018.
Los Angeles Dodgers
On April 1, 2018, the Dodgers acquired Valera from the Cardinals in exchange for Johan Mieses. After beginning the season with the AAA Oklahoma City Dodgers, he was recalled to the majors on April 15.
Valera, along with Yusniel Diaz, Dean Kremer, Rylan Bannon, and Zach Pop, was traded by the Dodgers to the Baltimore Orioles for Manny Machado on July 18, 2018. Valera appeared in 12 games with the Orioles and went 10 for 35 with a triple and four RBIs before fracturing his left index finger in a 6–3 win at Yankee Stadium on September 23. He was designated for assignment on January 4, 2019 when the Orioles claimed Austin Brice off waivers.
San Francisco Giants
Valera was dealt by the Orioles to the San Francisco Giants in a cash transaction on January 5, 2019. Valera was designated for assignment on May 5, 2019, following the acquisition of Andrew Moore.
New York Yankees
On May 12, 2019, Valera was claimed off waivers by the New York Yankees.
- Lee Enterprises. "Goold: Infielder Valera handles challenge". stltoday.com. Retrieved April 27, 2015.
- Kary Booher, News-Leader (June 26, 2014). "New guy Valera back in Double-A for Cardinals". Springfield News-Leader. Retrieved April 27, 2015.
- "Breyvic Valera Stats, Highlights, Bio - MiLB.com Stats - The Official Site of Minor League Baseball". Retrieved September 26, 2016.
- Goold, Derrick. "Cardinals make move with Moss official, continue shaping roster". Retrieved November 19, 2016.
- "Cardinals Release Official 2018 Opening Day Roster". KMOX-AM. Retrieved March 28, 2018.
- Thornburg, Chad (April 1, 2018). "Dodgers trade OF Mieses to Cards for Valera". MLB.com. Retrieved April 1, 2018.
- Byrne, Connor (April 15, 2018). "Dodgers Place Logan Forsythe On DL". MLB Trade Rumors. Retrieved April 15, 2018.
- Gurnick, Ken (July 18, 2018). "Dodgers complete Machado trade with Orioles". mlb.com. Retrieved July 18, 2018.
- Kubatko, Roch. "Orioles trade Breyvic Valera to Giants," Mid-Atlantic Sports Network (MASN), Saturday, January 5, 2019. Retrieved January 5, 2019
- Kubatko, Roch. "Orioles claim Austin Brice off waivers and DFA Breyvic Valera," Mid-Atlantic Sports Network (MASN), Friday, January 4, 2019. Retrieved January 5, 2019