This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Bria and Chrissy
|Genres||YouTube, music, videos, vlogs|
|Years active||2012 - Present|
|Members||Bria Kam and Chrissy Chambers|
Bria Michelle Kam (born November 3, 1986) and Chrissy Emily Chambers (born October 5, 1990), better known by their stage name BriaAndChrissy, are a singing and acting duo best known for their YouTube channels "BriaAndChrissy" and "Lesbian Love", where they perform original songs, comedy skits, and promote awareness for LGBT rights. Also known as the "Lesbian Duo", the two are a couple whose videos and songs focus on a variety of social issues including same-sex marriage advocacy and anti-bullying. Their professional collaboration began on YouTube in 2012 with a political satire music video featuring the couple dressed as Mitt and Ann Romney.
Originally from Mississippi, Chambers relocated to Atlanta, Georgia where she acted in commercials, television, and film before teaming up with Kam. Prior to their collaboration, Kam, a singer/songwriter from Atlanta, put out a solo album titled A Long Time Coming and was a contestant for the 11th season of American Idol.
The couple has appeared in articles, interviews, and videos on pop culture and news media sites, including BuzzFeed and The Point with Ana Kasparian. In 2014, the couple appeared in Demi Lovato's music video for the song "Really Don't Care," and Kam appeared on the MTV television show Copycat where she performed a cover of the song "Blown Away." In June 2014, GO Magazine named BriaAndChrissy number 38 on their annual list of "100 Women We Love" calling them "YouTube´s most-viewed lesbian couple." The couple was also named one of The Advocate's "40 Under 40" for 2014 for their positive representation of LGBT identity on social media.
In December 2014, BriaAndChrissy released their first music video for the song "Take Me to Heaven" from the album Face Your Fears. In an interview with Kelly Morris of The Seattle Lesbian, the couple said they wanted to reflect a more serious side to their advocacy for LGBT acceptance. Of the video, Chambers said “We do a lot of ridiculous videos, but we want [our viewers] to also see how serious and passionate we are in our hearts. Bria is my heaven and our love is very genuine and true.” The couple currently resides in Los Angeles, California.
The couple got engaged on January 17, 2018 and were married on April 7, 2018. Chambers proposed outside London's High Court after winning her civil case against her ex-boyfriend. They lived in Los Angeles until 2018. 
Revenge porn case
In January 2018, Chambers became the first person in the UK to win a civil lawsuit seeking damages for revenge porn. Chambers' ex-boyfriend posted videos of them online without her consent in 2011 and 2012, which then caused her to suffer "panic, depression, PTSD and alcoholism". In 2015, it was made illegal in the UK to post private sexual images without the other person's consent, but since the videos were posted in 2011, criminal charges could not be brought. Chambers brought the case to civil court in 2016 and it was settled in late 2017. The settlement also granted Chambers the copyright to the videos, which allows her to force any site hosting them to take them down.
Discography and Filmography
- Bria Kam A Long Time Coming (July 2011)
- BriaAndChrissy Face Your Fears (November 2013)
- Angry Kelly (2014) “Amanda”
- Obsessive Reaction (2013) “Emily”
- Bad Girl (2013) “Ashby”
- +1 (Plus One) (2013) “Kitty”
- Mumbhai Connection (2011) “Angela”
- http://www.curvemag.com/Curve-Magazine/Web-Articles-2013/Using-Facebook-for-Change/ “Using Facebook for Change.” Emelina Minero, Curve Magazine, 28 May 2013.
- http://www.huffingtonpost.com/victor-lopez/mending-souls-one-song-at-a-time_b_2889419.html "Mending Souls: One Song at a Time" Victor M. Feraru, Huffington Post, 18 May 2013.
- http://southfloridagaynews.com/Community/bria-and-chrissy-two-lesbian-activists-take-on-the-romneys.html “Bria and Chrissy: Two Lesbian Activists Take On the Romneys.” Andrea Dulanto, South Florida Gay News, 19 Sep 2012.
- http://www.onemorelesbian.com/bria-chrissy-fox-news-interview-making-a-difference.html “Bria & Chrissy – Fox News Interview – Making a Difference.” OneMoreLesbian.com. (Accessed 06 Dec 2014.)
- http://www.afterellen.com/people/203044-lesbian-personalities-of-youtube “Lesbian Personalities of YouTube.” Valerie Anne, AfterEllen.com, 19 Nov 2013.
- http://taggmagazine.com/arts-entertainment/bria-kam-and-chrissy-chambers/ “Bria and Chrissy Steal the Show.” Eboné Bell, Tagg Magazine, 29 Aug 2013.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-01-28. Retrieved 2015-01-24.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link) "Area Hopefuls Try Out for 'American Idol'." FOX 5 Atlanta, 18 January 2012.
- https://www.buzzfeed.com/gavon/lesbian-duo-stages-most-popular-counter-protest-at “Lesbian Duo Stages Most Popular Counter-Protest At DNC.” Gavon Laessig, BuzzFeed.com, 6 Sep 2012.
- http://www.tytnetwork.com/2014/09/30/bria-and-chrissy-on-the-point-with-ana-kasparian/ “Bria and Chrissy on The Point with Ana Kasparian.” Aaron Wysocki, TYTNetwork, 30 Sep 2014.
- http://www.mtv.com/shows/copycat/copycat-ep-4-jason-mraz-carrie-underwood-and-kendrick-lamar/1728545/playlist/#id=1728545 Copycat, Season 1, Episode 4. MTV.com, 03 June 2014.
- http://www.gomag.com/article/2014_100_women_we_love/38 "100 Women We Love." Chrissy Carney, Gena Hymowech, Kat Long, and Quinn Wonderling, GO Magazine, 14 June 2014.
- http://www.advocate.com/40-under-40-emerging-voices/2014/07/28/40-under-40-youtube-couples-translate-same-sex-love-nofilter "40 Under 40: YouTube Couples Translate Same-Sex Love, #NoFilter." Daniel Reynolds, Advocate.com, 28 July 2014.
- http://the-humanexperience.com/bria-and-chrissy-premiere-their-first-ever-music-video-take-me-to-heaven/ "BriaAndChrissy Premiere their First Ever Music Video: 'Take Me to Heaven'" Emelina Minero, The Human Experience, 15 Dec 2014.
- http://theseattlelesbian.com/interview-bria-and-chrissy-release-take-me-to-heaven/ "INTERVIEW: BriaAndChrissy Release 'Take Me to Heaven'" Kelly Morris, The Seattle Lesbian, 15 Dec 2014.
- BriaAndChrissy (6:41 AM - 17 Jan 2018). "I could not be more elated to announce today that I won my revenge porn case and also asked the most incredible girl to marry me. That's right -WE WON AND BRIA AND I ARE ENGAGED!!!!! I'm the luckiest girl in the world!!!!!pic.twitter.com/IRjlLNI6AI". @BriaandChrissy. Retrieved 2018-01-18. Check date values in:
- "YouTube singer Chrissy Chambers wins revenge porn case". BBC News. 17 January 2018. Retrieved 18 January 2018.
- |url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGZCp_KDSpk%7Caccess date= 3 January 2019
- Kleeman, Jenny (2018-01-18). "The YouTube star who fought back against revenge porn – and won". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 2018-09-24.
- "YouTube star wins damages in landmark UK 'revenge porn' case". The Irish Times. Retrieved 2018-01-18.
- Rudgard, Olivia (2018). "American YouTube star wins revenge porn case after becoming first to sue in British courts". The Telegraph. ISSN 0307-1235. Retrieved 2018-01-18.
- http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/briakam (Accessed 06 Dec 2014.)
- Cimarusti, Nicholas (13 Nov 2013). "Stunning Singing Girlfriends Bria and Chrissy Release 'Face Your Fears' Album!". SheWired. Here Media.
- https://www.imdb.com/name/nm3168841/ (Accessed 06 Dec 2014.)
- http://mumbainewsnetwork.blogspot.com/2014/08/hollywood-actor-chrissy-chambers-makes.html "Hollywood Actor, Chrissy Chambers Makes Her Bollywood Debut in 'Mumbhai Connection'. Bharat Jesrani, Mumbai News Network, 12 Aug 2014.