June 10, 1993
Bria Vinaite (//; born Barbora Bulvinaitė on June 10, 1993) is a Lithuanian actress, known for her role as Halley in Sean Baker's 2017 film The Florida Project, which was her first acting role. She received critical acclaim for her performance.
The Florida Project was Vinaite's acting debut, where she played the lead role of former stripper and single mother living at a budget motel close to Walt Disney World. Baker contacted Vinaite after seeing her in an Instagram post, where she creatively documented her life so she could stay in contact with friends in New York City while living in Miami. Vinaite had three weeks of acting classes from acting teacher Samantha Quan before filming began. Production wrapped in September 2016.
She makes a cameo in Drake's music video for "Nice for What," released in April 2018. Vinaite will next appear in Violent Delights directed by Taylor DeVoe. She will also have a recurring role on the upcoming season of The OA.
Vinaite has many tattoos; she got her first at the age of 14. She was sent to boarding school around this time. She left home at 18, choosing to develop her own career rather than attend college. At 19 she started a clothing line called ChroniCal Designs, selling marijuana themed bikinis and baseball caps.
|2017||The Florida Project||Halley||Nominated—Chicago Film Critics Association Award for Most Promising Performer|
Nominated—San Diego Film Critics Society Award for Best Supporting Actress
Nominated—Georgia Film Critics Association for Best Supporting Actress
Nominated—Denver Film Critics Society for Best Supporting Actress
Nominated—North Texas Film Critics Association Award for Best Supporting Actress
|Balance, Not Symmetry||Hannah||Post-production|
|2018||"Nice for What"||Drake|
- on YouTube
- "JAV išgarsėjusios alytiškės paslaptis išdavė jos užmiršta močiutė" [Secrets of Alytus-born girl become famous in the USA were revealed by a grandma she has forgotten]. Retrieved October 1, 2018.
- "Dear Academy: Don't Overlook These Great Performances". Variety. Retrieved January 19, 2017.
- Nicolaou, Elena (October 12, 2017). "Why Bria Vinaite, The Breakout Star Of The Florida Project, Always Had A Feeling She'd Be Famous". Refinery29. Retrieved January 18, 2018.
- "VIDEO: First trailer for "The Florida Project" film highlights life at budget motel near Walt Disney World | Inside the Magic". Inside the Magic. August 14, 2017.
- "'The Florida Project' Star Bria Vinaite on Being Discovered on Instagram | In Studio". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 12 January 2018.
- O'Felt, Chris (September 22, 2016). "Willem Dafoe Goes to Disney World: Sean Baker Reveals Details and Photos of 'The Florida Project' — Exclusive". Indiewire.com. Retrieved January 12, 2018.
- "A breakdown of all the cameos in Drake's "Nice For What" video". The FADER. Retrieved 2018-04-07.
- McNary, Dave (May 12, 2018). "'Florida Project' Star Bria Vinaite Boards Music Drama 'Violent Delights' (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Retrieved May 14, 2018.
- Petski, Denise (May 22, 2018). "'Kidding' Casts Bernard White; Bria Vinaite Joins 'The OA'". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved May 30, 2018.
- Sawyer, Miranda (29 October 2017). "Bria Vinaite: from Instagram entrepreneur to starring opposite Willem Dafoe". The Observer. Retrieved 12 January 2018.
- Zuckerman, Esther. "The Weed Entrepreneur Who Made a Movie, Charmed Drake, and Took Hollywood by Storm". HWD. Retrieved 12 January 2018.