|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (December 2012)|
|Date of birth||14 December 1946|
|Place of birth||Oldham, England|
|Date of death||15 October 2003(aged 56)|
|Place of death||Darlington, England|
|Height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Playing position||Centre half|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
Brian Albeson (14 December 1946 – 15 October 2003) was an English professional footballer who scored 12 goals from 302 appearances in the Football League playing for Bury, Darlington, Southend United and Stockport County. He also played in the Football League Cup for Hartlepool and in non-League football for Gateshead.
Life and career
Albeson was born in Oldham, Lancashire, and began his football career with Bury. He was capped by England youth in January 1965, in a 3–2 defeat to Northern Ireland in the Home Nations Youth Championships. He played once in the Football League for Bury before joining Darlington in 1967. He spent four years at Darlington, making 154 appearances in all competitions, and forming a regular partnership with Joe Jacques, before following Jacques to Southend United. In his first season at Southend he shared the club's Player of the Year award with Bill Garner, and went on to make 120 appearances in all competitions. He signed for Stockport County in March 1974, remaining there until the end of the next season. He then played once for Hartlepool, in the League Cup against Halifax Town, before moving into non-League football with Gateshead.
- Southend United F.C. Club Handbook 1972, quoted at "Brian Albeson". Southend United database. Retrieved 24 June 2012.
- "Personal announcements: Deaths: Monday 13 October 2003 – Sunday 19 October 2003". Newsquest. Retrieved 24 June 2012.
- "Brian Albeson". UK A–Z Transfers. Neil Brown. Retrieved 24 June 2012.
- "England v Northern Ireland, 22 January 1965". The Association of Football Statisticians. Retrieved 24 June 2012.
- "Farewell to stalwart Alby". The Northern Echo (Darlington). 24 October 2012. Retrieved 24 June 2012.
- "Brian Albeson". In The Mad Crowd. Retrieved 24 June 2012.