Brian Allen (art historian)
Brian Allen is Chairman of the Hazlitt Group that includes the art dealership Hazlitt, Gooden and Fox and Arnold Wiggins and Sons, the leading dealers in historic picture frames.
He was Director of Studies at the Paul Mellon Centre for Studies in British Art between 1993 and 2012. He is a specialist in 17th- and 18th-century British art and has written widely on this subject area. He has organised a number of exhibitions in collaboration with the Yale Center for British Art, the State Hermitage Museum and the State Kremlin Museums. A past Chairman of the National Art Collections Fund he was a Trustee of the National Portrait Gallery between 2012 and 2015, the Holburne Museum of Art, the Strawberry Hill Collections Trust, the British Sporting Art Trust and is a trustee of the Hermitage Foundation UK and the Ben Uri Gallery.
- Allen, Brian (28 February 1995). Towards a Modern Art World. London: Paul Mellon Centre for Studies in British Art, Yale University Press. ISBN 9780300063806.
- Allen, Brian (5 November 1996). British Art Treasures from Russian Imperial Collections in the Hermitage. London: Paul Mellon Centre for Studies in British Art, Yale University Press. ISBN 9780300069464.
- Allen, Brian (2010). The Paul Mellon Centre for Studies in British Art: A History 1970–2010. London: Paul Mellon Centre for Studies in British Art, Yale University Press. ISBN 9780300175714.
Michael Kitson 1985–1995,
Christopher White 1973–1985,
Ellis K. Waterhouse 1970–1973
| Brian Allen, Director of Studies Paul Mellon Centre for Studies in British Art
Mark Hallett 2012 –
- THE PRIME MINISTER APPOINTS DR BRIAN ALLEN TO THE BOARD OF THE NATIONAL PORTRAIT GALLERY (PDF), Department for Culture, Media and Sport, July 2012, retrieved 11 July 2016
- Rosalie Jovanovic, "Mark Hallett to Be Director of Studies at Paul Mellon Centre", http://observer.com/2012/08/mark-hallett-to-be-director-of-studies-at-paul-mellon-centre, accessed 1 August 2012
- International Advisory Board, Ben Uri Gallery, http://benuri.org.uk/about-us/international-advisory-board/