Brian Bates (psychologist)
Brian Bates (born 1944) is former chairman of Psychology[clarification needed] at the University of Sussex. He is currently the Director of the Medical Psychology Project at the Department of Psychology at University of Sussex in England. He is a visiting professor at the University of Brighton. He is known as the author of books on the shamanic wisdom of Anglo-Saxon England, and for his related course on "Shamanic Consciousness". He has also taught and directed at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art in London.
- The Way of Wyrd: Tales of an Anglo-Saxon Sorcerer (London: Century, 1983, ISBN 978-0-7126-0277-8)
- The Wisdom of the Wyrd: Teachings for Today from Our Ancient Past (London: Rider & Co., 1996, ISBN 978-0-7126-7277-1)
- The Real Middle-Earth: Magic and Mystery in the Dark Ages (London: Sidgwick & Jackson Ltd, 2002, ISBN 978-0-283-07353-3)
- The Way of the Actor: A Path to Knowledge & Power (Random House, 1987, ISBN 978-0-87773-384-3)
- How to Manage Your Mother: 10 Steps to a Better Relationship (with Alyce Faye Eichelberger-Cleese) (Diane Publishing Co., 1999, ISBN 978-0-7567-8333-4)
- The Human Face (with John Cleese) (DK Publishing Inc., 2001, ISBN 978-0-7894-7836-8)
- "Brian Bates". brianbates.co.uk. Retrieved 20 September 2014.
- "Brian Bates - The Way of The Wyrd". wayofwyrd.com. Archived from the original on 9 November 2014. Retrieved 20 September 2014.