(Redirected from Brian C. McGing)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Brian C. McGing is a papyrologist and ancient historian, who specialises in the Hellenistic period. He is Regius Professor of Greek at Trinity College, Dublin. He is editor of the college's journal of the classical world, Hermathena.
- Polybius' Histories. Oxford University Press, Oxford, 2010.
- The limits of ancient biography. Classical Press of Wales, 2006. (ed. with Judith Mossman)
- "Population and proselytism. How many Jews were there in the ancient world?" in John R. Barlett (ed.), Jews in the Hellenistic and Roman cities. London, 2002. pp. 88–106.
- "Revolt Egyptian style: Internal opposition to Ptolemaic rule", Archiv für Papyrusforschung und Verwandte Gebiete, 43 (1997), pp. 273–314.
- Greek papyri from Dublin. Bonn, 1995.
- "Appian's Mithridateios", Aufstieg und Niedergang der Römischen Welt II, 34.1, Bonn, 1993. pp. 496–522.
- "Melitian monks at Labla", Tyche 5 (1990), pp. 67–94.
- The foreign policy of Mithridates VI Eupator King of Pontus. Leiden, 1986.
|This biographical article about an Irish historian, chronicler or genealogist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|