Crecente at the 2007 Electronic Entertainment Expo
July 28, 1970 |
|Residence||Pawling, New York, United States|
|Occupation||Journalist, editor, columnist|
Brian Crecente (born July 28, 1970) is an American journalist and columnist. He is a founding editor and former executive editor for Polygon. He also writes Good Game, a weekly column internationally syndicated by McClatchy-Tribune Information Services.
The founding editor-in-chief of Kotaku, Crecente was educated at the University of Maryland, College Park. He began his career as a journalist with the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. He covered crime and public safety for daily newspapers in Texas, Florida and Colorado for 12 years before starting his career as a video game journalist.
Crecente was named one of the 20 most influential people in the video game industry over the past 20 years by GamePro in 2009 and one of gaming's Top 50 journalists by Edge in 2006. He was featured in a 5280 biography.
Brian Crecente is married and has a son, Tristan Crecente; he was 15 in 2012.
- "MCT News Service adds new video game column". McClatchy-Tribune via TMC. March 2009. Retrieved 2009-07-12.
- Claire (no surname given) (February 2005). "Video Game Extravaganza Pop Quiz". Mediabistro.com. Retrieved 2009-07-12.
- Sinclair, Brendan (July 11, 2017). "Brian Crecente leaving Polygon". Retrieved July 14, 2017.
- Shuman, Sid (May 2009). "20 Most Influential People in Gaming: #20 – Brian Crecente". IDG. Archived from the original on 2011-06-07. Retrieved 2009-07-12.
- Staff, Edge (October 2006). "GAMING'S TOP 50 JOURNALISTS". Future plc. Retrieved 2009-07-12.
- Sanchez, Robert (July 2009). "Game Boy". 5280. Retrieved 2009-07-12.
- Crecente, Brian (December 14, 2012). "Playgrounds: Brian Crecente". Polygon. Vox Media. Archived from the original on October 16, 2015. Retrieved October 16, 2015.
|This article about a United States journalist born in the 1970s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article relating to a video game specialist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|