Brian Curley (born November 12, 1959) is a golf course architect. He was raised in Pebble Beach, California where he played, caddied and worked at the area’s iconic courses. He currently resides in Scottsdale, Arizona. Curley is a member of the American Society of Golf Course Architects (ASGCA) and currently serves on its Board of Governors.
In 1997, he and Schmidt formed Schmidt-Curley Design, working primarily in the southwest United States.
Schmidt-Curley soon focused much of its business interests on the burgeoning Asian market with a strong emphasis on China. They are considered leaders of the China golf course development movement and were subsequently cited by Golf Inc. in 2011 as one of golf’s most influential architects. Schmidt-Curley was also named “Architect of the Year” by GOLF Magazine in 2011  and “Best Golf Course Architect – Asia-Pacific” by Asian Golf Monthly in both 2011 and 2012. Curley’s design credits include 20 courses at China’s Mission Hills Golf Club.
Schmidt-Curley designed the 10 courses at Mission Hills Haikou, “World’s Largest Golf Club”, which opened in 2010 and is located one hour north of Hong Kong. The resort’s Lava Fields Course was named the “Best New Course” in the International category by GOLF Magazine in 2011. The Blackstone Course was voted the “No. 1 Course in China” and “Best Championship Course – Asia-Pacific” in 2012 by Asian Golf Monthly.
Select course portfolio
United States of America
- Bali Hai Golf Club - Paradise, Nevada
- Crosby National Golf Club - Rancho Santa Fe, California
- The Plantation - Indio, California
- Marriott's Shadow Ridge - Palm Desert, California
- Southern Dunes Golf Club - Maricopa, Arizona
- The Wilderness Club - Eureka, Montana
- Vidbynäs Golf Club - Stockholm, Sweden (2 Courses)
- Mission Hills Golf Club - Shenzhen, China (10 courses)
- Mission Hills Golf Club - Haikou, China (10 courses)
- Stone Forest International Country Club - Kunming, China (3 Courses)
- Tianjin Binhai Lake - Tianjin, China (2 Courses)
- GOLF Magazine – “Architect of the Year” (2011) 
- Asian Golf Monthly – “Best Golf Course Architects” (2011, 2012, 2013) 
- GOLF Magazine – “Best New” Asia Course (Blackstone Course, Mission Hills Hainan) (2010) 
- GOLF Magazine – “Best New” International Course (Lava Fields Course, Mission Hills Hainan) (2011) 
- Golf World Magazine – “World Top 100” (Lava Fields Course, Mission Hills Hainan) (2011) 
- GOLF INC – #8 Asia's Most Powerful Person in Golf 
- "Company - Profile".
- Schupak, Adam. "Early commitment helped Schmidt-Curley thrive in China". Golfweek.
- Sens, Josh. "Q&A:". Golf.com.
- Passov, Joe. "Best New Courses 2011". Golf.com.
- "Asian Golf Monthly Awards: Mission Hills Steals Spotlight". Asia Pacific Golf Group.
- Gittings, Paul. "The world's craziest crazy golf course?". CNN.
- "Largest Golf Facility". Guinness World Records.
- Schupak, Adam. "Early commitment helped Schmidt-Curley thrive in China". Golf Week.
- "Acclaim for Blackstone golf course at China's Mission Hills - Hainan". Worldgolf.com.
- "Lava Fields Course at Mission Hills Hainan honored by Golf World". Worldgolf.com.
- Crittenden, Jack. "Most Powerful in Asia". Golf INC.