June 3, 1992 |
Jacksonville, FL, USA
|Height||6 ft 2 in (188 cm)|
|Weight||209 lb (95 kg; 14 st 13 lb)|
|NHL team (P)
Providence Bruins (AHL)
|NHL Draft||121st overall, 2011
Brian Ferlin (born June 3, 1992) is an American professional ice hockey winger who is currently playing within the Boston Bruins organization of the National Hockey League (NHL). He was selected by the Bruins in the 4th round (121st overall) of the 2011 NHL Entry Draft.
Ferlin played collegiate hockey in the NCAA Men's Division I college hockey for the Cornell Big Red men's ice hockey team in the ECAC Hockey conference. In 2012 he was awarded Cornell's Greg Ratushny Award presented to the most promising freshman.
Prior to attending Cornell University, Ferlin played junior hockey with the Indiana Ice in the United States Hockey League. Ferlin's outstanding play during the 2010–11 season was rewarded with him being selected to play in the 2011 USHL All-Star Game.
On April 11, 2014, at the completion of his collegiate career, Ferlin signed a two-year entry-level contract with the Boston Bruins.
In the 2014–15 season, Ferlin made his professional debut with the Bruins AHL affiliate in Providence. On February 20, 2015, Ferlin made his NHL debut in a game against the St. Louis Blues. He scored his first NHL point, an assist, during the following game against the Chicago Blackhawks on February 22, 2015.
|2008–09||Jacksonville Ice Dogs||MetJHL||38||45||44||89||33||—||—||—||—||—|
Awards and honors
|USHL All-Star Game||2010–11|||
|All-ECAC Rookie Team||2011–12|
|ECAC Hockey Rookie of the Year||2011–12|||
|Ivy League Rookie of the Year||2011–12|||
|All-Ivy League First Team||2013–14|||
|All-ECAC Third Team||2013–14|
- "Ferlin presented with Greg Ratushny Award". Cornell Big Red. 2009-05-07. Retrieved 2014-05-06.
- "Bruins sign Brian Ferlin to entry-level contract". Boston Bruins. 2014-04-11. Retrieved 2014-04-11.
- "U.S. World Junior Spotlight: Brian Ferlin". The United States of Hockey.com. 2011-11-18. Retrieved 2011-11-18.
- "Hockey ivy rivals compete in Semi's". Cornell Sun. 2012-03-16. Retrieved 2012-03-16.
- "Ferlin selected as rookie of the year". Cornell Big Red. 2012-03-01. Retrieved 2012-03-01.
- "Men's Ice Hockey All-Ivy - 2013-14". IvyLeagueSports.com. 2014-03-15. Retrieved 2014-03-15.
- Brian Ferlin's career statistics at EliteProspects.com
- Brian Ferlin's career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
|Awards and achievements|
|ECAC Hockey Rookie of the Year
|This United States biographical article relating to ice hockey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|