Brian Graham (footballer)
Graham playing for Greenock Morton
|Full name||Brian Graham|
|Date of birth||23 November 1987|
|Place of birth||Glasgow, Scotland|
|Height||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|2008–2009||→ East Stirlingshire (loan)||33||(15)|
|2014–2015||→ St. Johnstone (loan)||23||(9)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 15:13, 23 June 2015 (UTC).
A striker, Graham spent five years at Greenock Morton after joining the club from Hillington. Whilst at Morton he spent a season on loan at East Stirlingshire in the Third Division. He then played for Raith Rovers, moving from there to Dundee United in 2013. After spending most of the 2014–15 season on loan to St. Johnstone, he joined Ross County in June 2015.
Born in Glasgow, Graham made his senior début for Greenock Morton on 29 April 2006, at Station Park, Forfar against Forfar Athletic. He replaced that season, in order to come into contention for the first team, Allan Moore ordered him and Kevin Kelbie to lose weight (despite being one of the thinnest at the club).
Graham was unveiled as a Dundee United player before the SPL club's last game of the 2012–13 season against Celtic at Tannadice, signing a two-year deal as Jon Daly made an exit. Graham was mainly used as a substitute in his first season, with 23 of his 36 appearances coming from the bench. He scored his first goal for the club in a 4–1 win over Partick Thistle, and went on to finish the season with seven goals in total.
In August 2014, Graham was loaned to St. Johnstone for the rest of the 2014–15 season. He scored the winning goal on his St Johnstone debut on 30 August 2014 in a 1–0 win away to Motherwell, in the 86th minute, having come on as a substitute. On 20 December 2014, Graham scored from the penalty spot to give St. a 1–0 win over Inverness Caledonian Thistle, with the penalty being awarded after he appearaed to be fouled by Inverness goalkeeper Dean Brill, however in the days following the match, he was offered a two-match suspension by the Scottish Football Association's compliance officer after it had been alleged he had dived to win the penalty. St. Johnstone accepted the two-match suspension.
In April 2015, Dundee United announced Graham will be released when his contract expires at the end of the season. It was announced by Ross County in May 2015 that Graham would be joining the club on a two-year contract.
- Greenock Morton F.C. season 2009-10 | 2010–11
- 2011–12 Raith Rovers F.C. season | 2012–13
- 2013–14 Dundee United F.C. season
- "Ton boss issues hefty threat to strikers". Evening Times. 17 September 2010. Retrieved 20 September 2010.
- "Brian Graham joins Raith". SPFL. 19 May 2011. Retrieved 27 June 2014.
- "Dundee United:". BBC Sport. 19 May 2013. Retrieved 7 November 2013.
- Brian Graham: St Johnstone sign Dundee United striker on loan, BBC Sport
- Barnes, John (30 August 2014). "Motherwell 0-1 St Johnstone". BBC Sport. Retrieved 30 August 2014.
- Wilson, Richard (20 December 2014). "St Johnstone 1-0 Inverness CT". BBC Sport. Retrieved 3 January 2015.
- "St Johnstone accept two-match ban offered to Brian Graham for diving". STV Sport. 24 December 2014. Retrieved 3 January 2015.
- "Dundee United to release trio at the end of the season". BBC Sport. 30 April 2015. Retrieved 30 April 2015.
- "Ross County: New signing Brian Graham impressed by Jim McIntyre". BBC Sport. 7 May 2015. Retrieved 7 May 2015.