Brian Hutchison is an American actor based in New York City. Most of his professional career has been spent in the theater, but he has appeared in several major movies and US television series. He is also the voice of a growing number of Audio Books, interpreting the works of authors as diverse as Mickey Spillane, Jodi Picoult and Thomas Koloniar.
He received a BA in English from Lafayette College and earned his Master of Fine Arts at the University of San Diego. While in graduate school he met director Jack O'Brien, who cast him in the title role of Brendan Behan's The Hostage at San Diego's Old Globe Theater. After graduating, he returned to the Old Globe and appeared in All My Sons and Blue/Orange.
- Smokefall, (MCC Theater) (2016)
- Pocatello, (Playwrights Horizons) (2014)
- Regrets, (Manhattan Theater Club) (2012)
- Go Back To Where You Are, (Playwrights Horizons) (2011)
- From Up Here, (Manhattan Theater Club) (2008)
- Oh, The Humanity, (The Flea Theater) (2007)
- Indoor/Outdoor, (SPF, DR2 Theater) (2006)
- Theophilus North, (Keen Company) (2006)
- Can’t Let Go, (Keen Company) (2003)
- Conviction, Bay Street Theatre (2014)
- Men's Lives, Bay Street Theatre (2012)
- Dinner, Bay Street Theatre (2009)
- Of Mice and Men, Westport County Playhouse (2008)
- The Front Page, Williamstown Theatre Festival (2007)
- The Unmentionables, (2007) (Yale Repertory Theatre)
- Winter's Tale, - Ellis Island Official (2014)
- Vino Veritas, - Phil (2011)
- Love & Other Drugs, - Homeless man (2010)
- Dealbreaker, (short) - Jared (2005)
- Sudden Death, - Young secret service agent (1995)
- Killing Kennedy, - Winston Lawson (2013)
- Do No Harm, - Frank Taylor (2013)
- Person of Interest, recurring role - FBI Agent Brian Moss
- The Good Wife, "Taking Control" - Congressman Timmerman (2010)
- Hope & Faith, "Old Faithful" - Sean (2006)
- Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, "Goliath" - Officer Wes Myers (2005)
- Law & Order: Criminal Intent, "Silver Lining" - Detective Bruno (2004)
Hutchison has provided the voice for many audio books, for both Audible and Simon & Schuster.
Hutchison is a photographer specializing in portraits and outdoor scenery and has taken many publicity head shots of other actors. His brother, Chris Hutchison, is also an actor and a company member with Houston's Alley Theatre in Texas.
- Brantley, Ben (2011-10-09). "'Man and Boy,' With Frank Langella - Review". The New York Times.
- Isherwood, Charles (2010-10-26). "In ‘Spirit Control,' a Life in a Tailspin — Theater Review". The New York Times.
- Isherwood, Charles (2010-03-15). "A Smidgen of Sympathy for a Diva on the Skids". The New York Times.
- Brantley, Ben (2009-03-27). "Sorry, Your Highness, but You're So Over". The New York Times.
- Isherwood, Charles (2012-03-27). "'Regrets' by Matt Charman, at City Center Stage 1". The New York Times.
- Isherwood, Charles (2008-04-17). "Have a Nice Day at School, Sweetie. Don't Kill Anyone". The New York Times.
- Isherwood, Charles (2007-11-30). "Brief but Pointed Journeys in the Wilderness Within". The New York Times.
- Blankenship, Mark (2006-02-22). "Indoor/Outdoor". Variety.
- Gates, Anita (2006-09-15). "A Young Man's Travels on Thornton Wilder Turf". The New York Times.
- Weber, Bruce (2003-06-03). "THEATER REVIEW; All the World Loves an Office Clerk". The New York Times.
- Hollander, David (January 28, 2010). "Yinz from Pittsburgh? Get ahhht!! (The Hutchison Brothers)". communityvoices. Retrieved June 30, 2013.