This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Birth name||Brian Joseph Karscig|
|Also known as||B Joseph Karscig, brianxiv, bxiv|
|Genres||Rock, post-punk revival, alternative rock, glam rock, indie rock|
|Occupation(s)||Musician, songwriter, producer|
|Instruments||Guitar, Piano, vocals, Bass|
|Labels||Atlantic, Hi Speed Soul Records, Nervous Productions|
|Associated acts||Convoy, Louis XIV, The Nervous Wreckords|
|Vintage Gibson SG, Gibson Les Paul, Vintage Fender Bassman Ten Amps, AB Chase Grand Piano|
Brian Joseph Karscig is a musician, songwriter, and record producer, but is mostly recognized as the co-singer/guitarist/songwriter for the American Rock and Roll Band Louis XIV signed to Atlantic Records. He also is the singer/guitarist/songwriter of American Rock Band The Nervous Wreckords. Karscig owns Nervous Productions, and co-owner of "The Pineapple Recording Group", and has produced records for artists such as Anya Marina (Slow and Steady Seduction: Phase II) for Chopshop/Atlantic Records, The Silent Comedy, Transfer, Les Gars, Apes of Wrath, Republic of Letters, and Subsurfer. Aside from his songwriting with LOUIS XIV, and The Nervous Wreckords, Karscig is also known for his co-writes with Brandon Flowers of The Killers ("Thief in the Choir" and "Turn the Light On"), and Sam Endicott of The Bravery ("Send it in a Letter"), as well as Anya Marina ("Afterparty at Jimmy's) and A.J. Croce's 2013 single "Keep the Change". Karscig is also credited with additional vocals on The Killers 2006 release "Sam's Town". Most recently Karscig toured South America as the piano/guitar player for Brandon Flowers "Desired Effect" Tour, and also joined The Killers as 2nd guitar player for their 2016 US/Canada tour. Although The Nervous Wreckords was Karscig's solo effort after Louis XIV, Karscig started his first solo record under his birth name Brian Karscig due out early 2017.
Karscig was known for his high-pitched singing voice in the group LOUIS XIV and his voice was often confused with that of a female singer. He currently resides in San Diego, California where he moved at age 10. He began playing music with piano lessons and singing in the church choir at St. Joan of Arc Catholic School in Toledo, OH at age 7. He picked up the guitar at age 15, and decided at that age he wanted to be a songwriter/musician.
Brian Karscig along with other founding members Hill and Maigaard started LOUIS XIV in April 2003. After the break-up of alt country/alternative act CONVOY, the three left the project to pursue a more stripped down sound and recorded their debut on their own record label (Pineapple Recording Group) self-titled LOUIS XIV. Selling more than 10,000 copies on their own and achieving radio success with their follow-up EP's the Pink EP and the Blue EP with a song called, "Finding Out True Love Is Blind", the band was signed to Atlantic records in 2004. In 2005 the songwriting team of Hill/Karscig along with drummer Mark Maigaard released and EP Illegal Tender on Pineapple Recording Group/Vice which was then followed up by their major label release of LP The Best Little Secrets are Kept by Atlantic Records. In 2007 The Distances from Everyone to You EP was released which featured a cover of Queen's song Flash Gordon, and shortly after began touring supporting their follow-up LP to The Best Little Secrets Are Kept called Slick Dogs and Ponies. Karscig appeared with Louis XIV on Late Night with Conan O'Brien performing "Finding Out True Love is Blind" as well as Friday Night with Jonathan Ross in the UK, Jimmy Kimmel Live! and Last Call with Carson Daly. He also performed "Air Traffic Control" and "There's a Traitor in this Room" on Last call with Carson Daly as well as Late Night with Conan O'Brien
Karscig is now working as a record producer/performer. In addition to additional production on Louis XIV's "Slick Dogs and Ponies," Karscig recently completed production with artists Anya Marina's Slow and Steady Seduction Phase II, The Silent Comedy, Transfer, Les Gars, Maren Parusel, Apes of Wrath, and just recently completed production of Republic of Letters "Painted Hour" CD, and Subsurfer's "We Are Stars" LP. Karscig can also be heard singing on the two tracks "Sams Town" and "My List" on The Killers 2007 LP release Sam's Town. In 2009, after LXIV taking a hiatus, Karscig started a new band called The Nervous Wreckords. The Nervous Wreckords toured the US supporting The Killers on their 2010 "Day and Age" Tour, as well as Brandon Flowers solo tour for "Flamingo". In 2012 after sharing the stage with Cee-Lo Green for his Grammy warm up show, they embarked on a tour of the Caribbean with alt/rock act Weezer and other supporting acts Wavves, Free Energy, Yuck, and Antlers. THE NERVOUS WRECKORDS have recently appeared in Season 8 of Showtime's series Weeds with their song "Classy Girls", which also appears on the "Weeds: An Eight of the Greatest" music soundtrack. The Nervous Wreckords plan on touring in release of their new record "Let them All Talk" which features the single of the same name, and the video is currently being showcased on MTV.com VH1.com and CMT.com. 2013 also saw Karscig reuniting with LOUIS XIV for their "Return of the King" arena tour through Europe, Latin America, and Mexico supporting The Killers.
- Loftus, Johnny. "Biography: Louis XIV". AMG. Retrieved May 17, 2010.
- LOUIS XIV formed 2003  Accessed June 14, 2009
- LOUIS XIV hailed from alt band Convoy  Accessed June 14, 2009
- LOUIS XIV signed to Atlantic Records in 2005 "Archived copy". Archived from the original on November 22, 2008. Retrieved 2009-06-18. Accessed June 14, 2009
- LXIV release Illegal Tender and Best Little Secrets Are Kept:  Accessed June 14, 2009
- Flash Gordon Cover/The Distances From Everyone to you:  Accessed June 14, 2009
- Slick Dogs and Ponies release  Accessed June 14, 2009
- Conan O'Brien performing FOTLIB  Accessed June 14, 2009
- Friday Night with Jonathan Ross  Accessed June 14, 2009
- Jimmy Kimmel Live! Performance  Accessed June 14, 2009
- Last call with Carson Daly performance  Accessed June 14, 2009
- Conan Performance Air Traffic Control  Accessed June 14, 2009
- Additional production SDAP  Accessed June 14, 2009
- Producing Anya Marina (SSPII):  Accessed June 14, 2009
- The Silent Comedy Producer [permanent dead link] Accessed June 14, 2009
- Transfer production "Archived copy". Archived from the original on July 5, 2009. Retrieved 2009-06-18. Accessed June 14, 2009
- Les Gars Production "Archived copy". Archived from the original on June 18, 2009. Retrieved 2009-06-18. Accessed June 14, 2009
- Maren Parusel production   Accessed June 14, 2009
- Apes of Wrath Production  Accessed June 14, 2009
- Performing with LXIV on Kilers Sam's Town LP  Accessed June 14, 2009