Brian Kelley (musician)
|Birth name||Brian Edward Kelley|
|Born||August 26, 1985|
|Origin||Ormond Beach, Florida, United States|
Brian Edward Kelley (born August 26, 1985) is an American musician, best known as a member of the Nashville-based duo Florida Georgia Line. Kelley is from Ormond Beach, Florida, and enjoyed playing sports and music growing up. He moved to Nashville to go to school and play baseball at Belmont University, where he met Tyler Hubbard, the other member of Florida Georgia Line.
Kelley was born on August 26, 1985 in Ormond Beach, Florida, and is the son of Ed and Mary Margaret Kelley. Growing up, Kelley enjoyed sports and writing and spent most of his time playing baseball or at the beach. As he got older he started to spend more time writing music and leading worship at his church. He also developed a strong love for playing guitar. When he was in his teens, his sister began to introduce him to country artists by playing him tapes on the way to the beach in exchange for Kelley washing her car. By the time Kelley was ready to graduate from Seabreeze High School in 2004, he was splitting his time between baseball (playing college baseball at Florida State University and being scouted by the pros) and writing music. Kelley found out late that he would be drafted by the Miami Marlins and would more than likely pursue pro baseball as a career. However, when he was doing more bench sitting than playing, he filled the void with writing. He later decided to move to Belmont University.
Florida Georgia Line (2010–present)
Kelley was introduced to Tyler Hubbard at Belmont University in 2007 while they were in a campus worship group together. The two became great friends, and began playing guitar and writing songs together. The two friends began playing writers rounds throughout Nashville. In 2009, the duo decided they wanted to pursue music as a career so they started playing shows throughout the south. In 2010, they independently recorded and digitally distributed their first EP, Anything Like Me. After releasing that EP, they were discovered at a county fair by Nickelback's producer, Joey Moi. After writing and polishing songs for two years, the duo released their second EP It'z Just What We Do in 2012. Major labels became interested in the duo when their debut single, "Cruise", first hit satellite radio on "The Highway" channel and began selling well on iTunes, leading to a record deal with Republic Nashville and Big Machine Label Group.
The duo released their first studio album, Here's to the Good Times, on December 4, 2012 with Republic Nashville. This album was the sixth best selling album of 2013. "Cruise", the first single on the album, reached number 1 on the Country Airplay chart dated December 15, 2012. A remix of "Cruise" featuring Nelly later hit number 4 on the Billboard Hot 100. The song is also the best selling country digital song of all time, with sales of over 7 million, and it spent 24 weeks at number 1 on Hot Country songs. The other singles from this album include "Get Your Shine On", "Round Here", "Stay", and "This Is How We Roll".
Florida Georgia Line announced on August 15, 2014 that their second album would be titled Anything Goes, and would be released on October 14, 2014. They released the album's first single, "Dirt", on July 8, 2014. Other singles from this album include "Sun Daze", "Sippin' On Fire", "Anything Goes" and "Confession".
Tree Vibez Music and Round Here Records (2015–present)
In 2015, Hubbard and Kelley started their own artist development and music publishing company called Tree Vibez Music. Since the company began, they have signed writer Jordan Schmidt, writer Jimmie Deeghan, writer/artist Drew Castle as well as singer-songwriters Canaan Smith and RaeLynn. In 2019, Hubbard and Kelley launched Round Here Records; an independent label with Smith signed as the flagship artist.
Solo career and Nashville South Records (2021-present)
In January 2021, Kelley indicated his intentions to have a solo music career while remaining part of Florida Georgia Line, with the support of fellow duo-member Tyler Hubbard. In April 2021, he announced that he had launched his own label, Nashville South Records, to release his new music in partnership with Warner Music Nashville. Kelley referred to himself as a "Beach Cowboy", announcing that new music would be coming with a full album slated for release in late 2021. On April 13, 2021, he released the extended play BK's Wave Pack. The songs from the EP were included on his debut studio album Sunshine State of Mind, which was released on June 25, 2021.
He is married to Brittney Marie Cole.
|Sunshine State of Mind|
|BK's Wave Pack|
- "About". Florida Georgia Line. Retrieved 2015-07-21.
- "Tyler Hubbard". Big Loud Shirt. Archived from the original on 2015-04-10. Retrieved 2015-07-21.
- "Facts". Florida Georgia Line Net. Retrieved 2015-07-21.
- Black, Lauren. "An In-Depth Look at Florida Georgia Line". Answers.com. Archived from the original on 23 July 2015. Retrieved 21 July 2015.
- "Brian Kelley". Big Loud Shirt. Archived from the original on 2015-04-10. Retrieved 2015-07-21.
- Parker, Eric T. "Florida Georgia Line Signs to Republic Nashville/BMLG". MusicRow. Retrieved July 21, 2015.
- "Billboard Cover: Florida Georgia Line on Being 'Professional Partiers,' Haters and Hip-Hop". Billboard. Retrieved 2021-07-23.
- "Country Airplay Week of December 15, 2012". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved July 21, 2015.
- Wyland, Sarah. "Florida Georgia Line Announces Deluxe Edition of Debut jAlbum". Great American Country. Retrieved 21 July 2015.
- Howell, Coti. "Florida Georgia Line Prove 'Anything Goes' on 'GMA,' Announce New Album". Retrieved July 21, 2015.
- Hudak, Joseph (December 4, 2020). "Florida Georgia Line Ready New Album 'Life Rolls On'". Rolling Stone. Retrieved February 11, 2021.
- Hayes, JJ (February 9, 2021). "COUNTRY MUSIC MINUTE-FGL IS READY FOR YOU TO HEAR THEIR NEW ALBUM "LIFE ROLLS ON"". KFDI.
- "Florida Georgia Line Members Launch Music Publishing Company". MusicRow.com. Retrieved 2015-07-21.
- "Florida Georgia Line Signs Two To Tree Vibez Music". MusicRow.com. Retrieved 2015-07-21.
- Reuter, Annie (August 15, 2019). "Florida Georgia Line Launch Round Here Records With Flagship Artist Canaan Smith: Exclusive". Billboard. Retrieved August 17, 2019.
- Whitaker, Sterling (January 2, 2021). "Tyler Hubbard, Brian Kelley to Release Solo Music Apart From Florida Georgia Line". Taste of Country. Retrieved January 2, 2021.
- Whitaker, Sterling (March 31, 2021). "Florida Georgia Line's Brian Kelley Signs Solo Partnership, Teases New 'Beach Cowboy' Music [Listen]". Taste of Country. Retrieved March 31, 2021.
- Newman, Melinda (March 31, 2021). "Florida Georgia Line's Brian Kelley Partners with Warner Music Nashville for Solo Music: Exclusive". Billboard. Retrieved March 31, 2021.
- Hudak, Joseph (April 6, 2021). "Florida Georgia Line's Brian Kelley to Release Solo Debut". Rolling Stone.
- Hollabaugh, Lorie (June 11, 2021). "Brian Kelley Rides Solo Wave With New 'Sunshine State Of Mind' Project". Music Row Magazine.
- "Brian Kelley Marries Brittney Marie Cole". People.com. 16 December 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Brian Kelley (musician).|