Brian Knappenberger is an award-winning documentary filmmaker, known for The Internet's Own Boy: The Story of Aaron Swartz, We Are Legion: The Story of the Hacktivists, and his work on Bloomberg Game Changers.
In June 2014, The Internet's Own Boy: The Story of Aaron Swartz was released. Written, directed and produced by Knappenberger, the film is about the life of internet activist Aaron Swartz. The film was on the short list for the 2015 Academy Award for best documentary feature, along with Citizenfour and 13 other films.
Knappenberger has directed and executive produced numerous other documentaries for the Discovery Channel, Bloomberg, and PBS, including PBS' Ice Warriors: USA Sled Hockey. He owns and operates Luminant Media, a Los Angeles based production and post-production company.
- Beston, Sarah. "'The Internet's Own Boy' Director Talks About the Tragic Fate of Programming Prodigy Aaron Swartz". TakePart. Retrieved 4 December 2014.
- "The Internet's Own Boy: The Story of Aaron Swartz". Internet Archive. Retrieved 30 June 2014.
- "15 DOCUMENTARY FEATURES ADVANCE IN 2014 OSCAR RACE". Oscars. Retrieved 4 December 2014.
- "About the film". We Are Legion. Retrieved 30 June 2014.
- "Brian Knappenberger". IMDb.
- "Aaron Swartz Documentary - The Internet's Own Boy by Brian Knappenberger - Luminant Media". Kickstarter. Retrieved 4 December 2014.
|This article about a United States film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|