|91 – Brian Knight|
Knight in 2011
October 2, 1974 |
|MLB debut||May 7, 2001|
|Career highlights and awards|
From 2001 to 2010, Knight was a minor league umpire who substituted as needed in the major leagues. His minor league service included the Pioneer, Midwest, Florida State, Southern, and Pacific Coast Leagues. He umpired the Tokyo round of the 2006 World Baseball Classic.
Knight umpired in the 2012 All-Star Game and the 2013 American League Wild Card Game, serving as the right field umpire under the tutelage of crew chief Gerry Davis on both occasions. Knight's first postseason game, the 2013 AL Wild Card, was played on his 39th birthday. Knight has also umpired in two National League Division Series (2014, 2015).
On April 18, 2015, he was hit in the face by a pitch by Blake Treinen in a game between the Nationals and Philadelphia Phillies. The 96 MPH fastball was missed by Jose Lobaton and knocked him to the ground.
- "Brian Knight - 91". MLB.com. Major League Baseball. Retrieved 2011-08-30.
- "Brian Knight". Retrosheet.org. Retrosheet. Retrieved 2011-08-30.
- Gerry Davis named home plate ump ESPN.com. Retrieved 3 July 2012
- Roster: 2013 Tiebreaker, Wild Card Games & Division Series Close Call Sports and the Umpire Ejection Fantasy League. Retrieved 3 October 2013
- Happy birthday... @UmpireEjections/Twitter.com. Retrieved 3 October 2013
- Schwartz, Nick (April 18, 2015). "Umpire leaves game after being hit in the face by 96 mph pitch". USA Today. Retrieved April 18, 2015.