|— Lacrosse player —|
May 16, 1976 |
Massapequa, New York
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Weight||185 pounds (84 kg)|
|Former NLL teams||Colorado Mammoth
New York Saints
|Long Island Lizards
|NLL Draft||38th overall, 1998
New York Saints
Brian Langtry (born May 16, 1976) is a former lacrosse player for the Colorado Mammoth of the National Lacrosse League and the Denver Outlaws of Major League Lacrosse. Langtry was born in Massapequa, NY, and played NCAA lacrosse for Hofstra University. Brian Langtry is currently a humanities teacher at the Challenge School.
Langtry began his NLL career with the New York Saints in 2000, but only played three games. He didn't play again until 2003 with the Mammoth, and was named the NLL Rookie of the Year. He won the Champion's Cup with the Mammoth in 2006.
In 2003, Langtry scored the game-winning goal in the Mammoth's first-ever game, a 13-12 double-overtime victory over the Toronto Rock.
In the 2007 National Lacrosse League expansion draft, Langtry was selected by the expansion Boston Blazers, but was immediately traded back to the Mammoth. On March 22, 2008, Langtry set a career high with 9 goals and added 4 assists as the Mammoth lost to the Portland LumberJax, and was awarded "Offensive Player of the Week" honors by the league. During the 2009 NLL season, he was named a reserve to the All-Star game.
|NLL Rookie of the Year
- "Boston Deals Langtry Back To Colorado". NLL.com. July 31, 2007. Retrieved 2007-08-02.
- "Weekend Recap, News, & Quotes". NLL.com. March 24, 2008. Retrieved 2008-03-24.
- "Watson named Player of the Week". NLL.com. March 26, 2008. Retrieved 2008-03-26.
- "All-Star reserves announced". NLL.com. February 19, 2009. Retrieved 2009-03-05.
- "Brian Langtry announces retirement". NLL.com. October 11, 2011. Retrieved 2011-11-05.
|This biographical article relating to American lacrosse is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|