Brian Lynch (basketball)
|Proximus Spirou Charleroi|
|League||Basketball League Belgium|
|Born||June 12, 1978|
Point Pleasant, New Jersey
|Nationality||American / Belgian|
|Listed height||6 ft 6 in (1.98 m)|
|High school||Christian Brothers Academy|
(Lincroft, New Jersey)
|Position||Shooting guard / Small forward|
|2003||Stayer Reggio Calabria|
|2003||Paris Basket Racing|
|2013–2014||Antwerp Giants (assistant)|
|Career highlights and awards|
Brian Robert Lynch (born June 12, 1978) is a retired American professional basketball player and current coach.
Lynch was born in Point Pleasant, New Jersey to Mary and Richard Lynch, a retired Belmar, New Jersey police chief. Lynch is of Irish descent. He grew up in Belmar, New Jersey and went to high school at Christian Brothers Academy. He played college basketball at Villanova University, scoring 992 points.
After graduating from Villanova in 2000, Lynch went to Europe to play professionally. There, he spent his first few years as a journeyman playing for numerous teams in different European countries before settling in Belgium in 2004. He last played forward for the Antwerp Diamond Giants of Belgium's Pro Basketball League from 2008 to 2009.
In February 2013, it was reported that Lynch would become the assistant coach of the Antwerp Giants for the next season. In 2014, he signed a 5-year contract with newly formed PBL club Limburg United. On June 6, 2017, Lynch was announced as the head coach for Spirou Charleroi for the 2017–18 PBL season.
Lynch is married to Belgian tennis player Kim Clijsters. They were married in a private low-key ceremony on July 13, 2007 at the Bree city hall by the mayor, with only their parents and siblings present. On February 27, 2008, she gave birth to the couple's first child, a daughter, Jada. On February 25, 2013, Clijsters announced on her Twitter account that they were expecting a second child. On 18 September 2013, Clijsters gave birth to their second child, a son, Jack Leon Lynch. In October 2016, she gave birth to their third child, a son, Blake Richard Lynch.
- Orr, Conor (September 10, 2010). "Belmar's Brian Lynch balances Jersey life, Belgian culture with tennis champ wife Kim Clijsters". NJ.com. Retrieved September 8, 2014.
- Araton, Harvey (September 5, 2010). "Two-Time Champion and 'Part Jersey Girl'". The New York Times. Retrieved September 8, 2014.
- "Clijsters, Lynch wed in Belgian ceremony", Asbury Park Press, July 14, 2007. Accessed July 25, 2007.
- Detal, Bertrand (February 25, 2013). "Brian Lynch assistant-coach à l'Antwerp" (in French). Sport.be.msn. Retrieved February 25, 2013.
- "Brian Lynch tekent voor vijf seizoenen bij Limburg United". Demorgen.be (in Dutch). 2014-03-24. Retrieved 2014-06-11.
- LES NOUVEAUX VISAGES DU PROXIMUS SPIROU (VIDÉOS)
- ESPN - Clijsters gives birth to daughter, names her Jada - Tennis
- Clijsters, Kim (February 25, 2013). "Twitter / Clijsterskim : Hi everyone, we have some exciting ..." Twitter.com. Retrieved February 25, 2013.
- "Kim Clijsters pregnant with second child". Tennisworldusa.org. February 25, 2013. Retrieved February 25, 2013.
- Clijsters, Kim (18 September 2013). "Twitter / Clijsterskim : Jack Leon Lynch is Born!..." Twitter.com. Retrieved 18 September 2013.
- Clijsters, Kim (30 October 2016). "Twitter / Clijsterskim : He finally arrived :-) Meet Blake Richard Lynch ..." Twitter.com. Retrieved 23 November 2016.
- Orr, Conor. "Belmar's Brian Lynch balances Jersey life, Belgian culture with tennis champ wife Kim Clijsters", NJ Advance Media for NJ.com, September 10, 2010. Accessed October 20, 2015. "They spend their Summers in New Jersey in between tournament stops at a house they own in Wall. They spend their Autumns in Belgium, where Jada will most likely attend school."