Brian McGee (bishop)
|Bishop of Argyll & the Isles|
|Diocese||Argyll & the Isles|
|Appointed||28 December 2015|
|Installed||16 February 2016|
|Ordination||29 June 1989|
by John Mone
|Consecration||16 February 2016|
by Leo Cushley
|Birth name||Brian McGee|
|Born||8 October 1965|
Greenock, Inverclyde, Scotland
|Parents||Seamus and Brighid McGee|
|Reference style||The Right Reverend|
|Spoken style||Your Lordship|
McGee was born in Greenock to Irish parents Seamus and Brighid McGee, who moved to Scotland after their marriage in 1964.  He attended St Joseph's Primary School and Holy Cross Primary School, both in Greenock. After primary education he continued his studies at St. Vincent's College, Langbank, and St. Mary's College, Blairs, a minor seminary.
Formation and further studies
McGee studied for the priesthood at St. Patrick's College, Thurles (in County Tipperary, Ireland) between 1983 and 1989, where he received a Certificate in Philosophy (Distinction) and Diploma in Theology (Distinction). In 2011 he completed a Master of Arts degree in Christian Spirituality (Distinction) from Sarum College, Salisbury.
He subsequently held the following pastoral appointments:
- Assistant Priest, St Charles Borromeo Parish, Paisley 1989-1995
- Assistant Priest, Holy Family Parish, Port Glasgow 1995-1997
- Parish Priest, St Joseph's Parish, Clarkston 1997-2007
- Spiritual Director, Scotus College, National Seminary 2007-2009
- Parish Priest, Holy Family Parish, Port Glasgow 2009-2015
In 2014 he was appointed vicar general of the Diocese of Paisley.
He was appointed by Pope Francis on 28 December 2015 and consecrated by Archbishop Leo Cushley on 18 February 2016 in St Columba's Cathedral, Oban. Bishops Joseph Toal of Motherwell, McGee's immediate predecessor, and John Keenan, bishop of his native diocese of Paisley, served as co-consecrators.
- Profile, catholic-hierarchy.org; accessed catholic-hierarchy.org; accessed 27 January 2016.
- "New Bishop of Argyll and the Isles". Scottish Catholic Media Office. Glasgow, UK. 28 December 2015. Retrieved 19 February 2016.
- "Pope appoints new Bishop for Argyll and the Isles". The Daily Record. Glasgow, UK. 28 December 2015. Retrieved 28 December 2015.
- "Ordination of the Right Reverend Brian McGee". Scottish Catholic Media Office. Glasgow, UK. 18 February 2016. Retrieved 19 February 2016.
|Catholic Church titles|
| Bishop of Argyll and the Isles
2015 - present
|This biography of a Scottish religious figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|