Brian Regan (comedian)
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (July 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Birth name||Brian Joseph Regan|
|Born||June 2, 1958|
Miami, Florida U.S.
|Spouse||Kathleen Patricia Bieszczat (October 15, 1997-?; divorced)|
Brian Joseph Regan (//) (born June 2, 1958) is an American stand-up comedian who uses observational, sarcastic, and self-deprecating humor. His performances are clean as he refrains from profanity and off-color humor. Regan's material typically covers everyday events, such as shipping a package with UPS, mortgages, and visits to the optometrist. While he does not define himself as youth-oriented, Regan makes frequent references to childhood, including little league baseball, grade school spelling bees, and science projects. He incorporates body language and facial expressions into his act.
Early life and education
Regan was born in Miami, Florida, and was raised in Westchester, Florida, with seven brothers and sisters. He attended Christopher Columbus High School. He is of Irish descent. Regan was always a fan of Steve Martin, The Smothers Brothers and Johnny Carson. Though he attended Heidelberg College in Ohio with plans of being an accountant, a football coach there encouraged him to consider theater and communications. He played wide receiver on the football team at Heidelberg. During his last semester in 1980, Regan dropped out of school to pursue stand-up comedy (he eventually finished his degree in 1997). Brian's brother, Dennis Regan, also makes his living as a stand-up comedian.
Regan released his first CD, Brian Regan Live, in 1997. In 2004, Regan self-released a DVD of his performance at the Irvine Improv titled I Walked on the Moon and was also a featured comedian in a Comedy Central's animated stand-up series Shorties Watchin' Shorties. In April 2007, Regan signed a deal with Comedy Central to star in two one-hour stand-up specials, release the specials on DVD, develop a show for the network, and headline a theater tour, "Brian Regan in Concert: A Comedy Central Live Event," which began June 8, 2007.
Brian's first one-hour special Standing Up debuted on Comedy Central on June 10, 2007. The special was recorded in April at The Barclay Theater in Irvine, CA and a DVD of the performance was released August 14, 2007. His second Comedy Central special, entitled The Epitome of Hyperbole, premiered on September 6, 2008. A DVD of the performance was released September 9, 2008.
His performance, All By Myself, is available via CD, exclusively on his website.
- 1997: Brian Regan: Live [CD]
- 2004: I Walked on the Moon [DVD/MP3]
- 2007: Standing Up [DVD/MP3]
- 2008: The Epitome of Hyperbole [DVD/MP3]
- 2010: All by Myself [CD/MP3]
- 2015: Live From Radio City Music Hall [DVD/CD/MP3]
- 2017: Nunchucks and Flamethrowers [Netflix]
|Film and television appearances|
|1989–1990||The Pat Sajak Show||Himself||3 episodes|
|1992||Something's Wrong with the Regan Boy||Himself||Also writer|
|1992||The Dennis Miller Show||Himself||2 episodes|
|1993||Short Attention Span Theater||Himself/Host||Episode: "Comedy Bootcamp"|
|1995–2015||Late Show with David Letterman||Himself/guest||28 episodes|
|1998||Dr. Katz, Professional Therapist||Himself||2 episodes|
|1999||The Late Late Show with Craig Kilborn||Himself||Season 2, episode 82|
|2000||Comedy Central Presents||Himself||Also writer|
|2000||Open Mic||Himself||Deleted scenes|
|2002||Comic Remix||Himself||2 episodes|
|2004, 2008||Late Night with Conan O'Brien||Himself||3 episodes|
|2004||Brian Regan: I Walked on the Moon||Himself||Also writer and executive producer|
|2004||Shorties Watchin' Shorties||Himself||3 episodes|
|2007||Brian Regan: Standing Up||Himself||Also writer and executive producer|
|2008||Brian Regan: The Epitome of Hyperbole||Himself||Also writer and executive producer|
|2011||The Marriage Ref||Himself/panelist|
|2012||Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee||Himself||Episode: "A Monkey and a Lava Lamp"|
|2015–2017||The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon||Himself||3 episodes|
|2015||Brian Regan: Live From Radio City Music Hall||Himself||Also writer and executive producer|
|2017||Brian Regan: Nunchucks and Flamethrowers||Himself||Also writer and executive producer|
|2018||Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee||Himself||Episode: "Are There Left Handed Spoons?"|
- Ancestry.com. Nevada, Marriage Index, 1956-2005 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2007.
- "Miami native Brian Regan joins lineup at South Beach Comedy Festival". tribunedigital-sunsentinel.
- "Q&A: Comedian Brian Regan talks humor and his upcoming show in South Bend". Elkhart Truth. Archived from the original on 2014-12-13.
- Patrick Bromley. "Brian Regan (Stand-up Comedian) Biography". About.com Entertainment.
- "Brian Regan". brianregan.com.
- "Brian Regan". Comedy Central.
- "COMEDY CENTRAL AND BRIAN REGAN ANNOUNCE THE FIRST LIVE..." Comedy Central Press. Retrieved 2019-04-20.
- The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon (2018-11-23), Brian Regan Teamed Up with Jerry Seinfeld for His Netflix Sketch Show, retrieved 2019-04-20
- GameGrumps (2019-04-08), Mario Kart 8 w/ BRIAN REGAN!, retrieved 2019-04-20
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Brian Regan (comedian)|