December 24, 1965|
|Genres||Film score, alternative rock, ambient music, experimental, Classical|
|Occupation(s)||Composer, music supervisor, producer|
|Instruments||drums, percussion, multi instrumentalist, found sounds|
|Associated acts||Redd Kross, Air, TV Eyes|
Brian Reitzell (born December 24, 1965) is a musician, composer, record producer and music supervisor best known for his work on many film and TV soundtracks. He is notable for working extensively with the American film director Sofia Coppola (The Virgin Suicides, Lost in Translation, Marie Antoinette, The Bling Ring). He was formerly the drummer for the LA punk band Redd Kross. He has collaborated extensively with the French electronica duo Air, having performed drums on their albums "The Virgin Suicides" and 10 000 Hz Legend. Reitzell also toured with the band on their "Moon Safari" tour in 1998 and again in 2000 and 2001. In 2003 he was nominated for a BAFTA, along with Kevin Shields of My Bloody Valentine, for the score to Sofia Coppola's film Lost in Translation.
In 2012 Reitzell scored Turner Prize winning UK artist Elizabeth Price's video installation, "West Hinder".
|1999||The Virgin Suicides||Yes|
|2003||Lost in Translation||Yes|
|2004||Friday Night Lights||Yes||Yes|
|Stranger than Fiction||Yes||Yes|
|2007||30 Days of Night||Yes||Yes|
|2008||The Brothers Bloom||Yes|
|2011||Red Riding Hood||Yes||Yes|
|Red Faction: Armageddon||Yes||Video game|
|2013||The Bling Ring||Yes||Yes|
|2014||Watch Dogs||Yes||Video game|
|2017||American Gods||Yes||Yes||8 episodes|
- Auto Music (2014, Smalltown Supersound)
- "Music - Brian Reitzell". BBC. Retrieved 2014-07-15.
- "California Births, 1905 - 1995". Familytreelegends.com. 1965-12-24. Retrieved 2014-07-15.
- "Anthony Asquith Award for achievement in Film Music". Bafta.org. Retrieved 2014-07-15.
- "Smalltown Supersound". Smalltownsupersound.com. Archived from the original on 2014-07-14. Retrieved 2014-07-15.