This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Brian Ruckley was born and raised in Edinburgh, Scotland and studied at the University of Edinburgh and the University of Stirling. He lived for a time in London but is now based in Edinburgh again.
He is currently the author of eight published works.
Four are short stories; "Farm Animal" was printed in 1993 in the British science fiction magazine, Interzone #74, and "Gibbons" was printed in 1999 in issue #20 of the magazine The Third Alternative, now called Black Static. "Beyond the Reach of his Gods" appeared in the 2009 anthology Rage of the Behemoth from Rogue Blades Entertainment, and was reprinted in 2012 in the online science fiction and fantasy magazine Lightspeed. "Flint" appeared in the 2010 anthology Speculative Horizons from Subterranean Press.
His first novel, Winterbirth was published in 2006 by Orbit Books in both the US and the UK. Winterbirth was followed by its sequel, Bloodheir, which was released in 2008, also by Orbit Books, as was the third book, Fall of Thanes released in 2009.
In 2014 Ruckley will release a standalone epic fantasy novel entitled The Free.
- The Godless World series:
- The Edinburgh Dead (2011)
- The Free (2014)
- Official site: Biography of Brian Ruckley, 2008. URL accessed 13 January 2009.
- Lightspeed Magazine: "Beyond the Reach of his Gods" by Brian Ruckley, 2012
- Official Site: Brian Ruckley's News & Views, 2008. URL accessed 19 January 2008
- Official site: Bibliography, 2008. URL accessed 13 January 2009.
- Orbit Books official site: The Edinburgh Dead, 2011.
- "Brian Ruckley announces The Free".
- Brian Ruckley official site
- Brian Ruckley at the Internet Speculative Fiction Database
- Audio interview with Brian Ruckley