Solis speaking in Geneva, 2011.
|Born||December 8, 1970|
|Residence||Redwood City, California, U.S.|
|Occupation||Principal, The Altimeter Group, Author, Speaker|
Brian Solis is a digital marketing analyst, speaker, and author. He is the principal at Altimeter Group, a research and advisory firm and the author of several books on social media marketing.
Solis began his career in technology marketing and public relations in 1991 at the Dodge and Mansfield agency in Ventura, California.  From 1996 to 1999, he held the position of Director at The Benjamin Group, a Silicon Valley agency later acquired by Weber Shandwick. In 1999, Solis started a digital and social media marketing company called FutureWorks. In 2011, Solis joined the Altimeter Group as a principal analyst. Solis is a frequent speaker and executive producer of Pivot Conference, an annual marketing event.
Solis' blog is ranked in the Top 10 of the Ad Age Power 150. Solis authored Engage!: The Complete Guide for Brands and Businesses to Build, Cultivate, and Measure Success in the New Web, which was published in 2011. This was followed by The End of Business As Usual, later that year. In 2013, Solis published the book What's the Future of Business: Changing the Way Businesses Create Experiences. 
In 2013, Solis gave an overview at the C2SV technology conference and music festival about smart watches and other “creative destruction” technologies that would factor into the next wave of disruption.  In 2015, he published the book “X: The Experience When Business Meets Design.”  In it, Solis explained how experiences in human interaction with products defined brands to become the new “social currency.”
- 2007 Now is Gone (with Geoff Livingston)
- 2009 Putting the Public Back in Public Relations (with Deirdre K. Breakenridge)
- 2011 Engage!: The Complete Guide for Brands and Businesses to Build, Cultivate, and Measure Success in the New Web
- 2011 The End of Business As Usual
- 2013 What's the Future of Business: Changing the Way Businesses Create Experiences
- 2015 X: The Experience When Business Meets Design
- Lazar, Shira. "Brian Solis on Five Common Social Media Mistakes and How to Avoid Them". Entrepreneur Magazine.
- Constine, Josh (March 21, 2012). "Klout and PeerIndex Don’t Measure Influence. Brian Solis Explains What They Actually Do". TechCrunch.
- Marshall Kirkpatrick (March 9, 2011). "Corporate Social Strategy Firm Altimeter Adds Industry Leader Brian Solis to Its Team". ReadWriteWeb.
- Rosenbloom, Stephanie. "For the Plugged-In, Too Many Choices". New York Times.
- Norman, Joshua. "Boomers Joining Social Media at Record Rate". CBS News.
- Executive Profile, Bloomberg Business, retrieved January 14, 2016
- Courtney Boyd Myers (April 14, 2011). "An Interview with Brian Solis". TNW Social Media.
- Ciarallo, John (October 2, 2009). "Interview: Brian Solis, FutureWorks Principal, Blogger, Author". Media Bistro.
- Owyang, Jeremiah (March 8, 2011), Brian Solis Joins Altimeter Group, Web Strategy LLC, retrieved January 14, 2016
- "Billy Corgan Rants About 'Posers' at SXSW". Rolling Stone. March 13, 2012.
- Greenberg, Paul (January 24, 2013). "Lessons from and for 21st Century Leaders". EnterpriseIrregulars.com.
- "Power 150". Ad Age.
- Solis, Brian (April 23, 2010). "21 Twitter Tips From Socially Savvy Companies". Fast Company.
- Thomas, Jesse (April 12, 2012). "Engagement Ain't Nothin' But A Number: Brian Solis on Connected Customers". Forbes.
- Clark, Dorie (May 3, 2013). "So What Is the Future of Business?". Forbes. Retrieved January 14, 2016.
- Stark, Clinton (September 28, 2013). "WTF is Brian Solis talking about?". Stark Insider. Retrieved January 14, 2016.
- Zwilling, Martin (December 24, 2015). "It's Time To Design Human Experiences, Not Just Products". Forbes. Retrieved January 14, 2016.
- Mainwaring, Simon (November 6, 2015). "Book Review: X: The Experience When Business Meets Design by Brian Solis". Huffington Post. Retrieved January 14, 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Brian Solis.|