Stelter in 2011.
September 3, 1985 |
Damascus, Maryland, U.S.
|Education||(B.A., Mass Communication)|
|Alma mater||Towson University|
|Spouse(s)||Jamie Shupak Stelter (m. 2014)|
|Website||Reliable Sources - CNN.com blogs|
Brian Stelter (born September 3, 1985) is the senior media correspondent for CNN and the host of Reliable Sources. Previously he was a media reporter for The New York Times and the editor of TVNewser.
Life and career
Stelter was born in Damascus, Maryland and attended Damascus High School, graduating in 2003, followed by Towson University where he served as editor-in-chief of The Towerlight from 2005 to 2007. While still a student, he created TVNewser, a blog about television and cable news which he later sold to Mediabistro.
Stelter graduated Towson in May 2007, and joined The New York Times as a media reporter later in July of that year. In November 2013, he became the new host of CNN's Reliable Sources and also senior media correspondent, greatly expanding the role at the network previously held by Howard Kurtz. Stelter is featured prominently in the 2011 documentary Page One: Inside the New York Times.
On February 22, 2014, Stelter married Jamie Shupak in a Jewish ceremony. His wife is a traffic anchor for New York TV station NY1. Although raised Methodist, today Stelter is non-religious. They plan to raise their children as Jewish. On May 21, 2017, their daughter was born.
- Top of the Morning (2013)
- Susan Singer-Bart (June 9, 2010). "Damascus High grads: Farewell, for now". Gazette.net. Retrieved August 18, 2017.
- Stelter To New York Times, Leaves TVNewser Behind - Media on The Huffington Post
- CNN Hires New York Times Media Reporter Brian Stelter (UPDATED), mediaite.com; accessed August 18, 2017.
- CNN Names Brian Stelter Host of Reliable Sources and Senior Media Correspondent
- "NYT Media Reporter Is Dating CNBC Anchor". Gawker. Archived from the original on 2015-07-18.
- Carlson, Nicholas (2011-06-15). "POWER COUPLE: CNBC's Nicole Lapin And The New York Times's Brian Stelter". Business Insider. Retrieved 2017-07-04.
- Jamie Shupak, Brian Stelter
- A Hashtag on a Jewish Wedding Kippah
- Business Insider: "A (Valentine's) Day In The Life: Jamie Shupak, NY1 Traffic Anchor And Dating Columnist" by Aly Weisman February 16, 2012
- Complex Magazine: "Getting Around Town With Jamie Shupak: One Year Later, Diary of a Newly Single Woman, Part II Jamie Shupak" by Jamie Shupak September 22, 2011
- Jamie Shupak, "Planning an Interfaith Wedding Ceremony: How One Bride Did It", brides.com, February 19, 2014.
- Hood, Bryan (May 22, 2017). "Brian and Jamie Stelter welcome baby girl". Page Six. New York Post. Retrieved June 6, 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Brian Stelter.|
- Personal Website
- Brian Stelter - The New York Times
- Towson University's page about Stelter
- Johnson, Peter. "Student energizes the news blog biz, "USA Today", July 10, 2006.
- Bosman, Julie. "The Kid With All the News About the TV News, The New York Times, November 20, 2006, retrieved November 22, 2006.
- Friedman, Jon. "TVNewser's Stelter is Online Journalist of the Year," "Marketwatch," December 15, 2006
- Malone, Noreen. "What Happens When You Give TV's Biggest Fanboy His Own TV Show? The remarkable rise of Brian Stelter, "The New Republic," January 22, 2014, retrieved February 13, 2014.