Stelter in 2011.
September 3, 1985 |
|Education||(B.A., Mass Communication)|
|Alma mater||Towson University|
|Spouse(s)||Jamie Shupak Stelter (m. 2014)|
|Website||Reliable Sources - CNN.com blogs|
Brian Stelter (born September 3, 1985) is the senior media correspondent for CNN and the host of Reliable Sources. Previously he was a media reporter for The New York Times and the editor of TVNewser.
Life and career
Stelter was born in Damascus, Maryland. He was educated at Damascus High School, a public high school in Damascus, Maryland, graduating in 2003, followed by Towson University where he served as editor-in-chief of The Towerlight from 2005 to 2007. While still a student, he created TVNewser, a blog about television and cable news which he later sold to Mediabistro.
Stelter graduated Towson in May 2007, and joined The New York Times as a media reporter later in July of that year. In November 2013, he became the new host of CNN's Reliable Sources and also senior media correspondent, greatly expanding the role at the network previously held by Howard Kurtz.
Stelter is featured prominently in the 2011 documentary Page One: Inside the New York Times.
- Top of the Morning (2013)
- Susan Singer-Bart (9 June 2010). "Damascus High grads: Farewell, for now". Gazette.net. Retrieved 4 April 2016.
- Stelter To New York Times, Leaves TVNewser Behind - Media on The Huffington Post
- CNN Hires New York Times Media Reporter Brian Stelter (UPDATED)
- CNN Names Brian Stelter Host of Reliable Sources and Senior Media Correspondent
- "NYT Media Reporter Is Dating CNBC Anchor". Gawker. Archived from the original on 2015-07-18.
- Jamie Shupak, Brian Stelter
- A Hashtag on a Jewish Wedding Kippah
- Brides Magazine: "Planning an Interfaith Wedding Ceremony: How One Bride Did It" by Jamie Shupak February 19, 2014
- Personal Website
- Brian Stelter - The New York Times
- Towson University's page about Stelter
- Johnson, Peter. "Student energizes the news blog biz, "USA Today", July 10, 2006.
- Bosman, Julie. "The Kid With All the News About the TV News, The New York Times, November 20, 2006, retrieved November 22, 2006.
- Friedman, Jon. "TVNewser's Stelter is Online Journalist of the Year," "Marketwatch," December 15, 2006
- Malone, Noreen. "What Happens When You Give TV's Biggest Fanboy His Own TV Show? The remarkable rise of Brian Stelter, "The New Republic," January 22, 2014, retrieved February 13, 2014.
|This article about a United States journalist born in the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|