Brian Tucker (executive)
Brian Christopher Tucker (born December 27, 1975) is an American businessman and real estate developer. Tucker served as an executive at the Charles Schwab Corporation and founded Punta Brava Golf Club, a private golf and surf club with billionaire Red McCombs and Tiger Woods. Tucker serves on the board of The Century Club of San Diego, which hosts the Farmers Insurance Open at Torrey Pines Golf Course as well as other charitable endeavors. 
Tucker was born in Pasadena, California, and earned degrees in business and economics from Wheaton College and a master's in dispute resolution from The Strauss Institute for Dispute Resolution in the Pepperdine University School of Law, the top Masters program in the nation, according to U.S. News & World Report. Tucker served as an executive at Charles Schwab Corporation where he managed over $1 billion in assets. 
After resigning from Charles Schwab, Tucker discovered a parcel of land hidden at the tip of the Punta Banda peninsula, which extends 7 miles into the Pacific Ocean. The land sits in the middle of the Bay of Todos Santos, which on June 21, 2014 was inducted into the World Surfing Reserves and is one of the 6 events on the World Surf League's Big Wave Tour. After putting together the project, now called Punta Brava, billionaire Red McCombs partnered with Tucker on the design and entitlement. Because of the unique topography and coastline, the land became one of the most sought after golf design projects in the industry. On June 23, 2008, Tucker met Woods on site to walk his latest routing plan a 6,835-yard par-70 course which included 5 holes with over-ocean carries.   
In March 2008 Tiger Woods was awarded the design contract for Punta Brava. The project was formally announced at a private press conference and after party at the Hotel Bel Air on October 7th, 2008 with McCombs, Woods, Will Smith and others. When describing the vision of the course design in an interview with Forbes, Tucker remarked "When you have a site surrounded on three sides by the Pacific and a golf designer, Tiger Woods who integrates the ocean into the design.... 17 tees or greens on/adjacent to the ocean… you have an opportunity to create something truly special." Golf writer John Paul Newport, writing for The Wall Street Journal, opined after the conference, "Judging by the layout it's possible that the course will break into the world's top 20 rankings on the day it opens. It looks to be a new and improved version of Cypress Point on California's Monterey Peninsula." In an interview with CNN, Tucker was quoted as saying, "Our goal is to shape golf course history by creating the most spectacular golf course on earth." 
Brian Tucker is also a member and serves on the board of The Century Club of San Diego, which hosts the Farmers Insurance Open, an annual PGA Tour event at Torrey Pines Golf Course. Tucker is a co-founder of Iaomai Medical Ministries, a San Diego-based Christian humanitarian organization focused on improving healthcare for children and communities in Central America and the Caribbean. Tucker served on medical missions to Jamaica, Guatemala, and Mexico from 2009-2018. Tucker is fluent in Spanish, and has also been invited to lecture on development and investment issues in Baja California and has been involved with other issues in the Ensenada area. Tucker is on the Board of Young Life, the San Diego Chamber of Commerce as well as the Lincoln Club.
- Sullivan, Paul (April 3, 2011). "For Tiger Woods, a Golf Course Design Business Is in the Rough". The New York Times. Retrieved November 16, 2011.
- Badenhausen, Kurt (February 3, 2011). "Tiger Woods Dubai is Halted, But Other Courses Move Forward". Forbes. Retrieved November 16, 2011.
- "Brian Tucker". LinkedIn. Retrieved November 16, 2011.
- "Speaker biographies: Brian Tucker". Baja California Development Forum. Retrieved November 16, 2011.
- "Best Graduate Schools - Education". US News. Retrieved November 16, 2011.
- "Woods to Design Course in Mexico". Cybergolf. Retrieved November 15, 2011.
- "About TDG". Tucker Development Group. Archived from the original on November 29, 2011. Retrieved November 16, 2011.
- "Brian Tucker". Private Clubs. Retrieved November 16, 2011.
- Bastaple, Alan (October 8, 2008). "Tiger Woods announces next course-design project". Golf.Com. Retrieved November 16, 2011.
- Louis, Brian; Taub, Daniel (October 7, 2008). "Tiger Woods to Build Mexico Golf Resort". Bloomberg. Retrieved November 16, 2011.
- "Punta Brava Golf Club". Golf Today. Retrieved November 16, 2011.
- Newport, John Paul (October 19, 2008). "Financial Crisis May Leave Golf Industry in Rough Patch". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved November 16, 2011.
- "Tiger's golf course ventures beset by delays". CNN. February 10, 2011. Retrieved November 16, 2011.
- "Punta Brava". Tiger Woods Design. Retrieved November 16, 2011.
- "The Century Club of San Diego Names Peter Ripa Tournament Director for Farmers Insurance Open". Century Club of San Diego. Retrieved November 16, 2011.
- Punta Brava Golf & Surf Club
- Tactical Air Operations
- Skydive San Diego
- Iaomai Medical Ministries charity
- Century Club