Brian Winters (American football)
|No. 67 New York Jets|
|Date of birth:||July 10, 1991|
|Place of birth:||Hudson, Ohio|
|Height:||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Weight:||320 lb (145 kg)|
|High school:||Hudson (OH)|
|NFL Draft:||2013 / Round: 3 / Pick: 72|
|Roster status:||Injured reserve|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2016|
Brian Edward Winters (born July 10, 1991) is an American football offensive guard for the New York Jets of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the Jets in the third round of the 2013 NFL Draft. He played college football at Kent State.
Winters attended Hudson High School in Hudson, Ohio, and played high school football for the Hudson Explorers. He was received All-Ohio and All-Northeast Ohio Conference honors his senior season, after being named all-conference his sophomore and junior years. In addition to lettering in football twice, Winters also lettered three times in wrestling, and was named all-conference in wrestling his freshman and sophomore years. Rated as only a two-star recruit by Rivals.com, he accepted a scholarship offer from Kent State over offers from Akron and Syracuse.
Winters enrolled in Kent State University, where he played for the Kent State Golden Flashes football team from 2009 to 2012. He started every game after joining the Golden Flashes in 2009, 50 in total. He was named to the All-Mid-American Conference (MAC) team three times during his career: third team as a sophomore, second team as a junior, and first team as a senior.
On May 10, 2013, Winters signed a four-year deal with the Jets. He started 12 games as a rookie.
In his first year as the full-time starter at right guard, Winters started 13 games in 2016. On October 2, 2016 against the Seattle Seahawks, Winters hit defensive end Michael Bennett head-to-head after a play, which drew a personal foul (15 yard penalty) and caused him to leave the game with concussion symptoms. He was placed on injured reserve on December 20, 2016.
- "ESPN Profile". ESPN.com.
- Jets Sign Third-Round Pick
- Lange, Randy (October 13, 2014). "Brian Winters Joins Dee Milliner on IR". New York Jets. Archived from the original on October 14, 2014. Retrieved October 13, 2014.
- Greenberg, Ethan (December 20, 2016). "Jets Place Winters and Catapano on IR". NewYorkJets.com.
- Lange, Randy (January 16, 2017). "RG Brian Winters Signs Contract Extension". NewYorkJets.com.
- Wesseling, Chris (January 16, 2017). "Jets sign Brian Winters to four-year contract extension". NFL.com.