Briana Banks at the AVN Adult Entertainment Expo on January 12, 2008
May 21, 1978 
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Weight||130 lb (59 kg; 9.3 st)|
|No. of adult films||298 with compilations (per IAFD)|
Briana Bany was born in Munich, Germany to a German father and an American mother. They moved to Britain when she was aged four, then to the Los Angeles suburb of Simi Valley when she was seven. Her father still lives in Germany. She moved out of her mother's house when she was 16, taking her 14-year-old sister with her. She got custody of her sister when she turned 18.
Banks modeled as a teenager, including a cover of Teen magazine. She entered the industry under the name "Mirage", but began calling herself "Briana Banks" in 1999, after having the first of two breast enlargement operations. Having had aspirations of being a supermodel, she chose the professional surname "Banks" after model Tyra Banks. Her first appearance using the new name was in the film Decadent Whores 9.
On October 13, 2006, Banks reportedly filed a federal lawsuit seeking more than US$ 75,000 in damages against Doc Johnson Enterprises, charging that they had created unauthorized products from molds of her genitals.
Starting in 2006, Banks went on hiatus from performing in videos and returned in 2008. That same year she was also nominated for five AVN Awards at the 25th annual Adult Entertainment Expo in Las Vegas.
In 2011, Banks starred in the porn parody version of the Fox animated series American Dad!, American Dad XXX: An Exquisite Films Parody. Banks portrayed the character of Francine Smith and was featured on the video's box cover. The video was released in September 2011. On December 28, 2015 Briana Banks announced that she was making a comeback after 5-year hiatus. She announced in press release that she would be making her grand return and signed with talent agency Society 15, owned by fellow adult star Kendra Lust.
Banks was featured in the thirteen episode cable television series "Vivid Valley" produced by World of Wonder that was broadcast in Europe in 2005 and later had a successful run on Playboy TV. The series featured stories about the real lives of then Vivid Girls Jenna Jameson, Savanna Samson, Mercedez, Tawny Roberts, Banks, and others.
In 2009 Banks launched her own company, Briana Banks Entertainment, LLC. The company is a subsidiary of the Starlet Entertainment Group, which is a group of mainstream angel investors. This coincided with the launch of a new website and social media platform for Banks, www.brianabanksreloaded.com. The official announcement for the website was at a Playboy Mansion Lingerie party in May 2009.
Awards and nominations
|2001||AVN Award||Nominated||Most Outrageous Sex Scene (with Mark Cummings)||Perverted Stories 28|
|Hot d'Or Award||Won||Best New American Starlet||N/A|
|NightMoves Award||Won||Best New Starlet (Fan’s Choice)||N/A|
|XRCO Award||Nominated||Starlet of the Year||N/A|
|Nominated||Orgasmic Oralist||N/A|
|2002||AVN Award||Nominated||Best Group Sex Scene - Film (with Lola, Aurora Snow & Joey Ray)||Taboo 2001|
|Nominated||Best Group Sex Scene - Video (with Justine Romee & Joel Lawrence)||Tails of Perversity 8|
|XRCO Award||Nominated||Best Girl-Girl Sex Scene (with Jenna Jameson)||My Plaything Jenna Jameson|
|2003||AVN Award||Nominated||Female Performer of the Year||N/A|
|Nominated||Best Group Sex Scene - Film (with Chandler, Michele Raven, Cheyne Collins, Dale DaBone & Pat Myne)||Vision|
|Nominated||Best All-Girl Sex Scene - Video (with Jenna Jameson)||Briana Loves Jenna|
|XRCO Award||Nominated||Best Girl-Girl Scene (with Jenna Jameson)|
|AFWG Award||Won||Best All-Girl Sex Scene - Video (with Jenna Jameson)|
|2004||AVN Award||Nominated||Best Supporting Actress - Video||Tricks|
|2005||Exotic Dancer Award||Won||Adult Movie Feature||N/A|
|2006||AVN Award||Nominated||Crossover Star of the Year||N/A|
|2007||AVN Award||Nominated||Contract Star of the Year||Vivid Entertainment|
|2008||AVN Award||Nominated||Best Actress – Film||Layout|
|Nominated||Best All-Girl Sex Scene - Film (with Penny Flame)|
|Nominated||Best Anal Sex Scene - Film (with Kurt Lockwood)|
|Nominated||Best Group Sex Scene - Film (with Hillary Scott, Evan Stone & Brooke Haven)|
|Nominated||Best All-Girl Sex Scene - Video||Where the Boys Aren't 18|
|2009||AVN Award||Nominated||Best All-Girl Group Sex Scene (with Lanny Barby, Lexie Marie, Nina Mercedez, Monique Alexander, Savanna Samson, Stefani Morgan, Tawny Roberts, Tera Patrick, Lacey & Lyndsey Love)||Where the Boys Aren't 19: Arabian Nights|
|Nominated||Best Anal Sex Scene (with Manuel Ferrara)||Perfect Match|
|Nominated||Best Group Sex Scene (with Mick Blue, Michael Stefano & John Strong)|
|Won||Hall of Fame||N/A|
|2010||AVN Award||Nominated||Best Double Penetration Sex Scene (with Ben English & Otto Bauer)||Flashback|
- "Porn Star Briana Banks Sues Over Sex Toys", WTAE-TV, October 13, 2006. Retrieved April 28, 2007.
- "Briana Banks". Penthouse. Retrieved 2007-08-11.
- Staff. "Briana Banks, AVN profile". AVN.com. Adult Video News. Retrieved 4 August 2014.
- Cindi Loftus. "Briana Banks". Xcitement. Retrieved April 28, 2015.
- Briana Banks at the Internet Adult Film Database
- "Briana Banks: From Teen Magazine Cover Girl to Vivid Porn Queen", Mike Ramone, AVN Insider, 2002-05-17. Retrieved April 28, 2007.
- "Briana Banks", interview by Melissa Monet, June 10, 2001, Pornstarempire.com. Retrieved 2007-05-08.
- "In Tight with Briana Banks", TeraBabes interview, January 8, 2003. Retrieved May 6, 2007.
- She explained this in an interview included among the DVD extras for the documentary Thinking XXX.
- Staff. "Briana Banks Returns". AVN.com. Adult Video News. Retrieved 4 August 2014.
- Staff. "Exquisite Films Reports 'American Dad XXX' YouTube Record". XBIZ.com. XBIZ. Retrieved 4 August 2014.
- Staff. "X3Sixty to Stream Vivid Reality Series". XBIZ.com. XBIZ. Retrieved 4 August 2014.
- "Briana Banks: Action Figure", Carly Milne, AVN Insider, 2002-06-28. Retrieved May 6, 2007.
- Staff. "Starlet Entertainment Group Unveils Briana Banks' New Company, Site BrianaBanksReloaded.com Launches as Official Site". AVN.com. Adult Video News. Retrieved 4 August 2014.
- "An indepth interview with Vivid Star Briana Banks", Cindi Loftus, Pornstarz.org, March 2010.
- "2001 AVN Awards Nominations List". AVN.com. Archived from the original on 2001-03-09. Retrieved 2014-02-10.
- Paul Fishbein (2001-05-17). "Surprise Appearance By Larry Flynt Highlights 10th Annual Hot D'Or". AVN. Retrieved 2014-08-02.
- "Past Winner History". Nightmoves. Retrieved 2014-02-10.
- "2002 AVN Awards Nominations List". AVN.com. Archived from the original on 2001-12-08. Retrieved 2014-02-10.
- Tricia Devereaux (2002-03-15). "XRCO Nominations". AdultDVDTalk. Retrieved 2014-02-10.
- "2003 AVN Awards Nominations List". AVN.com. Archived from the original on 2002-11-27. Retrieved 2014-02-10.
- "Belladonna Dominates XRCO Nominations". AVN. 2003-03-05. Retrieved 2014-02-10.
- "Evil Angel, The Fashionistas Dominate Adam Film World 2002 Movie Awards". AVN. 2003-05-01. Retrieved 2014-02-12.
- "AVN 2004 Nominations" (PDF). Retrieved 2014-02-10.
- "The 2005 Award Winners". ED Publications. Retrieved 2014-02-10.
- "AVN AWARDS 2006 NOMINEES" (PDF). Retrieved 2014-02-10.
- "AVN AWARDS 2007 NOMINEES". Retrieved 2014-02-10.
- "The 2008 AVN Awards Nominations" (PDF). Retrieved 2014-02-10.
- "NOMINATIONS 2009 AVN Adult Movie Awards" (PDF). Retrieved 2014-02-10.
- David Sullivan (2009-01-11). "2009 AVN Award-Winners Announced". AVN. Retrieved 2014-02-10.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Briana Banks.|
- Official website
- Briana Banks at the Internet Movie Database
- Briana Banks at the Internet Adult Film Database
- Briana Banks at the Adult Film Database