Location of Briarcliff, Texas
|• Total||1.5 sq mi (3.8 km2)|
|• Land||1.4 sq mi (3.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.1 sq mi (0.2 km2)|
|Elevation||758 ft (231 m)|
|• Density||960/sq mi (380/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1388591|
According to the United States Census Bureau, the village has a total area of 1.5 square miles (3.8 km2), of which, 1.4 square miles (3.6 km2) of it is land and 0.1 square miles (0.2 km2) of it (5.48%) is water.
Water accessibility by marina to Cat Hollow off the main basin of Lake Travis is at mile marker 26.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
As of the census of 2000, there were 895 people, 369 households, and 260 families residing in the village. The population density was 647.0 people per square mile (250.4/km2). There were 455 housing units at an average density of 328.9/sq mi (127.3/km2). The racial makeup of the village was 95.31% White, 0.45% African American, 0.11% Native American, 0.45% Asian, 2.23% from other races, and 1.45% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 7.37% of the population.
There were 369 households out of which 30.9% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 61.8% were married couples living together, 6.5% had a female householder with no husband present, and 29.3% were non-families. 22.5% of all households were made up of individuals and 6.2% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.43 and the average family size was 2.86.
In the village, the population was spread out with 22.8% under the age of 18, 4.8% from 18 to 24, 32.0% from 25 to 44, 31.6% from 45 to 64, and 8.8% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 41 years. For every 100 females, there were 104.3 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 100.3 males.
The median income for a household in the village was $76,453, and the median income for a family was $82,507. Males had a median income of $50,000 versus $33,906 for females. The per capita income for the village was $32,650. About 0.7% of families and 3.5% of the population were below the poverty line, including 4.0% of those under age 18 and none of those age 65 or over.
The Village of Briarcliff is served by the Lake Travis Independent School District. Residents are zoned to West Cypress Hills Elementary School in an unincorporated area, Lake Travis Middle School in an unincorporated area, and Lake Travis High School, in an unincorporated area.
The Lake Travis Community Library (LTCL) in Lakeway serves Briarcliff. It originally opened in Lake Travis High School in 1985. Area voters approved the creation of the library district serving the library was created in May 2004. Haythem Dawlett donated the land for the library in March 2011, and the library moved into the current location in February 2013.
Law enforcement is provided by one officer of the Briarcliff Police as well as deputies from the Travis County Sheriff's Department and Travis County Park Rangers. Fire protection is provided by the Pedernales Fire Department.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- City of Lakeway, Texas
- Briarcliff Marina Archived January 18, 2015, at the Wayback Machine
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Archived from the original on May 12, 2015. Retrieved June 4, 2015.
- "Elementary School Attendance Zone Boundaries." Lake Travis Independent School District. Retrieved on December 30, 2016.
- "Middle School Attendance Zone Boundaries Archived 2015-08-07 at the Wayback Machine." Lake Travis Independent School District. Retrieved on December 30, 2016.
- "Elementary School Attendance Zone Boundaries." Lake Travis Independent School District. Boundaries previously adopted in 2008. Retrieved on December 30, 2016.
- "History." Lake Travis Community Library. Retrieved on April 13, 2017. "Lake Travis Community Library 1938 Lohmans Crossing Austin, TX 78734" - Map of library district